1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icopy2/XcopyExpres

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smileyaj, Jan 23, 2005.

1. smileyaj

smileyaj Member

using either trying to back up Forgotten get this error 16% into rip. Error occured reading sector data 1/0, anyone knowing prob please help.Thanks again.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Problem is caused by unreadable sector encrytion. Download the AnyDVD trial from Slysoft. http://www.slysoft.com Read the description so you'll know what it's doing. Let it run in the background all the time.

3. smileyaj

smileyaj Member

Thanks for info, Tried that twice. still stops at 16%. any other suggetions. thanks for quick response.

4. slamdvanz

slamdvanz Member

I got my copy of Resident evil to work after sometime, due to the same problem with sony's new copywrite dummy sectors. What youll need is dvd decrypter (newest ver) and dvd shrink....all free, i got them on here. Use decrypter to extract the movie to your hard drive and shrink to burn it. You may use the dvdxcopy Platinum (update ver only) and search for the VTS_video folder and burn it. I did it that way so i could remove the widescreen version and just keep the Full ver which ment i didnt have to compress it. Hope this helps

5. brobear

brobear Guest

OK, if the AnyDVD didn't do it by itself, then take slamdvanz advice and use DVD Decrypter, but leave the AnyDVD running. You can set Decrypter to ignore read errors and rip only the main movie files, that's in settings. I just rip with DVD Decrypter, with AnyDVD running, and use the HD files. I've not had problems with the encrypted files with the Sony unreadable sector system. I've encoded with different apps. Sometimes the rip will stop toward the end with the warning "can't patch ...", but entering OK allows the process to complete and so far, none of the files have failed to encode properly.

6. smileyaj

smileyaj Member

Thanks. will try, but i am still interested in backing up he whole disc. any other suggestions

7. brobear

brobear Guest

RB/CCE

8. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Looked in the glossary for RB/CCE. Found CCE is Cinema Craft Encoder, but found nothing for RB. Can someone tell me what this is and what it does? Have seen it mentioned a couple of times and believe that it is some type of encoder/decoder, but not sure.

Thanks,

Tom

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Rebuilder by jdobbs. That is Rebuilder with Cinema Craft Encoder. Rebuilder is a program that utilizes AviSynth and Cinema Craft Encoder (it supports some other apps) to do some of the best encoding under higher compression. That makes it the best for encoding big movies and full discs to be recorded to 4.7 recordable media.

10. smileyaj

smileyaj Member

Hi guys. dumb me again. trying to use Pete's guide to rip/burn with dvddecrypter and dvd shrink. got lost and have this file on hd..dvd_video of forgotten..how do i burn now if possible.to big without shrinking. Plus following Pete's guide at what point do i close doors to drives. I have two drives. seems simple. in shrink computer goes into deep crash. also do i need any other burning software to complete to process. nero br comes with pioneer burner. any help will be appreciated. tell me once and wont forget. i usually use icopydvd2 unless it has blank source spots on it..thanks again..cheers

11. brobear

brobear Guest

http://www.dvdshrink.info
    The site has some virtual guides for Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Run through those real quick and you should have some idea where you're at.