1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE Probs

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by crazymeee, Feb 15, 2007.

1. crazymeee

crazymeee Member

Hi friends
    Can anyone suggest me few good browser tools other than google and yahoo toolbar because I want more from my IE.

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

The best thing to do is not use IE. It's riddled with security problems and is like having an open door onto your computer.

Try Firefox. There are tons of extensions at http://addons.mozilla.com for just about everything conceivable. I prefer Opera as it's the fastest and most stable browser out there - and has lots of goodies built-in - but overall there aren't nearly as many plugins available.

3. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Your saying Opera is faster than Firefox even with the pipeline hacks?

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Yup. The pipeline hacks really don't help that much. Opera is like lightning. The earlier (v6.05-v6.06) were even faster but do not support all modern stuff like stylesheets. But modern versions (v 9.10 now, I think) is still fast, faster than anything else out there. Oddly enough, I have less site-compatibility problems with Opera than I do with the more recent versions of Firefox. But I'll take either one over IE no questions asked.

5. crazymeee

crazymeee Member

Thank you very much for suggesting Firefox and Opera but I can not use them in my PC as I do not have permission to change explorer in my company ...therefore please suggest me Add On for IE.

I am basically looking for a software which can enhance my IE performance without occupying so much space in hard disk and as far as i know abot Firefox,it is bulky and take lots of time to load a site.

I don't have much knowledge about Opera though.

But I insist you to suggest me IE Add On.