1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE7 help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 0142397, Jan 23, 2007.

1. 0142397

0142397 Member

Sometime about 2 weeks ago my computer promped me and asked me to install the newest version of Adobe Flash Player, anyway after doing so anything that is a flash application won't run.

I have tried re-installing IE7 and the Flash Player plugins, but it has not fixed my problem.

Can anyone help?

2. CraCker19

CraCker19 Member

the best way would be uninstalling the flash player,reinstall it again..
    if it doesn't work try doin system restore

3. kateman

kateman Regular member

i know this doesnt answer your problem but;

use firefox. it will open it auto when needed and if its no installed it will install for you. also firefox has way better, well everything. at least try it.

4. NITRO1250

NITRO1250 Member

Did you try uninstalling Flash and IE7 and running a registry scan of some sort to see if there are any problems? Give that a try. I have been an IE7 RC1 user when it came out and have installed every single update since. It is a very good stable browser. Works every time for me!

5. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I've had similar issues as well with Flash and IE 6/IE 7 and even in Firefox...the issue lies within one of the Flash 9 versions. Try this:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

Look on the list to the right, and grab the 9.0.21.75 Beta. Download and install. For some reason, that works even when the online install of Flash doesn't.

6. 0142397

0142397 Member

I am currently using firefox, I like it better than IE7 the problem is that I play a few online games that run only in IE7.

7. 0142397

0142397 Member

I have done both of these things, neither of them worked.

Come to think of it, I have done all the things mentioned above (some I did a few minutes ago), but none of them solve my problem.

8. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

If you want to run IE inside of Firefox, go HERE. You can add any site to the IETab options list. Firefox will use IE for those sites.

9. toddm68

toddm68 Guest

I had the same problem. I think it started after a disk cleanup. What I did to get the Flash player working again in IE7 was go to tools, manage add-ons in IE7, enable or disable add-ons, down on the bottom clicked "Download new add-ons for Internet Explorer", select entertainment animations(flash), then downloaded and installed and it all worked again.
    A Straight download from the internet did not work for me, this was the only way I found.
    Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

toddm68, no email posting as per forum rules above, post edited