1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Afterdawn got involved with video

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by xhardc0re, Feb 3, 2007.

1. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

This is a must read. Very fascinating stuff.

"An anonymous source has stated that YouTube has been paying over $1 million/mo since September 1996" for its video hosting costs. That does not consider any other expenses including salaries, database server fees or legal costs.

!!!!!

For anyone who likes geeky tech/gizmo stuff, there's a better resource than slashdot.org Try Robert X. Cringely. In a world of geniuses, he's the geek version of tech god. Go there and read, he's an interesting & well-sourced guy on his tech issues.

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Thanks for the link. Just browsed through a couple articles, good stuff.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Very nice link, had at least 40 mins reading, and bookmarked to return when sober!.. I found another source of "food for thought" or is it really just another case of SSDD??... http://alienjeff.gotdns.com/overheard.html

4. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

that's a good blog link. i've been looking on the blogosphere (LOL@Wired magazine speak) & there are some awesome French & Japanese gaming bloggers. I also found one for PS3 & Final Fantasy on MySpace that is like 200mb of d/l for each entry. whoever is behind that has a lot of freaking time to dig up all those videos & high res images.

Truth about video is still in its early stages we have to look at the youtube.com/dailymotion.com of the world to see what role it will play. Video is very helpful in explaining something. In illustrating a point. In combining what we usually see with what we think. Its not just a form of entertainment but the whole package. A way to bring everything together. If a picture says a thousand words a video can say millions. Those who control such media are able to not only record the news but make it. Sometimes in some not so good ways.