1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Ghz/Mhz were money... (is this worth the money)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mndogydud, Jan 20, 2008.

1. mndogydud

mndogydud Member

Ok, so what I'm saying is I know the difference between processors and everything like that, but since I've never been able to see them perform I can't tell how much more you need for a better performance.
    Maybe an analogy will help:

Mhz=money

So if you have a core 2 duo 2.0 ghz, how much money would it be, and how much more than that would 3.0 ghz be on a core 2 duo?

This will greatly help me decide on a new processor, I currently have core 2 duo 2.0ghz intel.
    *EDIT*

I didn't think it mattered because I'm just asking how much more is 1ghz of power, like how much your game would speed up even if you had a really good graphics card.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  2. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Hi.

Sorry but your post didn't make complete sense to me. Are you saying you have a core2duo 2.0Ghz and want to know the most economical upgrade for your system?

If you could give more information in to what your current setup is (CPU model number, M/B make & version, GPU, HD's etc), and what you would like your system to do (gaming PC, production PC, video editing or basic internet / word processing).

You will find an large amount of help on here waiting for you, we just need to know what you want!

Cheers,
    Phil

3. mndogydud

mndogydud Member

Ok I've updated the thread.

4. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Cheers!

1Ghz extra CPU power can mean a hell of a lot, especially with the multi-core CPU's, although a lot of games don't really benefit from the multi-core facility. The CPU would tend to process the physics of the game (like in what direction does debris from an explosion fall) or the inteligence of the AI.

If you were using the PC for a lot of production work, for example video editing / converting, graphic design, CAD, 3D modelling or music / multimedia production, then you would definately notice the difference in 1Ghz.

If you gave us an idea of what system you currently have, and what you are thinking of doing, we can give you more advice.

5. mndogydud

mndogydud Member

Ok, Awesome, thanks!