1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if i flash my bois do i need a modchip?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Below0, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Below0

Below0 Member

i wanted to buy a pre-modded xbox and i found this place themodchip http://www.themodchip.com/proddetail.php?prod=Xbox&cat=15 they have a xbox there with the bois already flashed and it is alot cheaper then the one with a modchip. and i wanted to know if would i even need a modchip as long as my bois is flashed and i have an dashboard like evox to play my backup games

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You need a modchip if you want to play xbox live. Without a modchip, the flashed BIOS may get you banned from xbox live.

3. Below0

Below0 Member

yeah thats what i thought but there is so many different modchips does it really matter which one i get because i thought it was really all about the dashboard you get

4. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

If you get a modchip, like one of the new xecuter models, the mod can be switched off, so you can boot from the MS dash, and access xbox live, only with an original game. And yes, when you get your chip, if it is pre-flashed, it is probably some sort of a linux bios. This will not allow you to install any 3rd party apps/homebrew apps. You'll have to locate a different bios to flash your chip with.