1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If someone if feeling like a challange I got one for ya!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by BhLr, Apr 25, 2006.

1. BhLr

BhLr Member

While trying to install internet explorer 7 beta 2 it stopped in the middle of the installation restarted my computer and nothing happened when everything was loaded up, so I thought. So while i tried to open internet explorer 7 it says "Internet Explorer was unable to open this site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Try later" I cannot unistall internet explorer through my control panel because it is not there." I tried to use system restore and it said "the procedure entry point InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLW could not be located in the dynamic library WININET.dll" Norton internet securtiy says the same thing. Any ideas on what to do would be appreciated, or if there is a different furom to go to where i could get help. Any comments i appreciate.

2. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Did you try to re-install it?

3. BhLr

BhLr Member

Yes, it got to about 50% then a window pops up and says "Error Loading C:\Windows\system32\msfeeds.dll." I press ok and then the installation application tells "installation failed" "please look at the logs in your system directory" And i don't know what to do with that. I also tried re-installing ie6 but it says a newer version of ie is on my computer. Unistall through control panel.

4. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

try changing the exe with a hex editor..... find a site about breaking authentication or something relating to that...

5. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Are you, by chance, running McAfee products?

Did you disable your live monitor on your anti-virus? And spyware programs?

Did you try to re-download the file?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2006
  6. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

I just found out that Microsoft is offering FREE phone support for IE7 beta 2. Here is the info:

Consumers only:
    Support for Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 is available via the phone for North America, English speaking customers. Customers must be running Windows XP in a non domain environment. Microsoft will provide best effort support during this pre-release (beta).

Support number: 1-866-876-4926

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday 5 am - 9 pm Pacific Standard Time
    Saturday-Sunday 6 am - 3 pm Pacific Standard Time

7. BhLr

BhLr Member

dejahboi/someone you might have to explain that hex editor a little more, i've herd of it but thats it and i'd like to know what thats all about. I am not running McAffe just norton, and it is enabled, but it can't connect to get the latest definitions. I downloaded another ie7, but it was from a different place, it is more messed up than the first ie i downloaded.

8. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Which is yet another reason why we don't use IE unless we have to. It's like intentionally wearing shoes that are too SMALL, filled with rusty nails, and made by the one guy down the street who refuses to share anything about how he made them.

Firefox = win.

9. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

yeah, i choose firefox over the IE7... i had IE7.... firefox is better..

10. BhLr

BhLr Member

Thats no joke, i just got bored and thought i'd try out ie7, what i was thinking is a mystery to me also, why would i degrade myself from firefox to ie. But i do have good news, firefox is still working, no surprise.

11. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

so.... did you successfully remove IE7?

12. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

When you get to the "Add-Remove Programs" list... do you or do you not have a tab on the left that says "Add-Remove Windows Component" I know Windows 2000 and Windows XP do... I'm not real sure about previous versions (short term memory) anyway... thats where you need to go... from that panel you should be able to successfully remove IE from there or... reinstall IE... and yes.... Praise Be To Firefox... I have to agree with you on the shoe analogy..... and thank god for the IE plug in on Firefox because I have a couple apps that are incompliant with Firefox as of now... but with the new plug-in I can use Firefox primarily now... its great... and if you havent tried it yet... get the stumble-upon plug in... great for the bored days...

13. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Also... I wanted to say.... Why IE7 anyway??? Internet Explorer57 wont be half as kewl Firefox.... Nor 58, 59, 60, 61, lmao... what a joke... www.microsuck.com

14. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

so how you doing with that IE7 beta problem?

15. BhLr

BhLr Member

Still having the same problems, I tried removing it through Add-Remove Windows Component but it had an error, something like 0e000002x or somthing along that line. When i can find some time i was thinking about finding how to remove it manually, hoping i wouldn't screw up even more stuff. Skitzy were can i get that plug-in for firefox you were talking about.

16. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

go to mozilla's site...click on extensions at the top....then look for "IE Tab 1.0.9" in the search engine and there's the pluggin

17. BhLr

BhLr Member

Hey I am going to through an idea out there and you guys tell me if it is worth taking the time to do. Can I manually uninstall explore e.g. deleting entries from the registry, and from the system file, then re installing it from there. And can someone answer me this, why all of a sudden is system restore not working, does it run off of internet explorer.

18. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

like what do you mean, like if you were to run system restore...LIKE click on it, it wont run????... n yeah, your other issue is that i think it messed up your registry n all...maybe

19. BhLr

BhLr Member

When i click on system restore it says "the procedure entry point internetgetsecurityinfobyURLW could not be located in the dynamic library WININET.dll" and thats as far as it goes. That would make a lot of sences a screwed up registy, i didn't think of that, i'll have run registry mechanic, though i don't believe that will solve the problem.