1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Mar 15, 2006.

1. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

Well, at least for me, it popped up when I was replying only because ooZEROoo's or grkblood's message and sig were still displayed beneath the reply box.

I haven't had it happen to me since Ketola removed the links. Thanks, by the way. Got rid of much annoyance.

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I just found out that IOBit Security 360 is actually a reverse-engineered program that illegally uses Malwarebytes Anti-malware signatures and other pieces of code.

I'd just PM Ketola or another Admin about it since they are probably the only ones who can remove the software but I figured it might just be better to post about it.

The blog post on Malwarebytes' website about it can be read here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29681

EDITED by Pop_Smith: Added post to Malwarebytes' blog regarding the subject.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for that, i've seen recommendations for IOBit software recently, never heard of it myself, but tried their defragger, couldn't help but notice the similarities to Auslogic's defragger. I ditched it and stuck with Auslogics, glad i did now.
    Anyways, thanks, i'll pass on the link to this thread..
    We were discussing IObit here too ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/802186/4903229

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

around 2am est, was having problems with site as tho servers were extremely slow. tried both ie7 & firefox with same results. also since modifications to some links been done, i have had problems as tho servers are timing out because i would have to press refresh or go back a few pages before i can click on a working forum.

5. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I'm not sure if others have had this problem, but the new Castrol motor oil ad on the top banner seems a bit sensitive. If i happen to move my mouse over the ad more than twice (without clicking on it) it pops open covering a chunk of the screen.

The Castrol ones on the sidebar, tend to stick out covering part of the thread title, making it harder to read what the title is.

I'm using Opera, the latest version. Not sure if anyone else has had the same problem. The ads aren't always there, just they appear from time to time.

6. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

If possible, could you please snap a screenshot of the problems when they occur so we can forward them to our ad network. Since most of us are in Finland we don't see the U.S. targeted advertisements and are therefore oblivious to any problems that might occur.

Thanks!

7. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i noticed an add today when i went to safety value that covered up the 1st 3 threads and the jump to icon.i dont know what the add was for but it was a big rectangler shaped black thing that said loading in the corner.i've never seen it before but i just thought it looked wrong cause it was covering up some threads&icons

EDIT: I saw the ad pop up again and this time i let it load it was a video ezy ad.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  8. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Ok, i found one that is similar to the Castrol add I had mentioned. It only covered part of the user names, but I had seen it on the forum new message list.

[​IMG]

This one is a new one I just saw today. As soon as the page loaded, it opened up, and started playing....I didn't even have to have the mouse go over the banner add it came from.

[​IMG]

9. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Thanks, I reported the Stride Rite ads to our ad sales reps and hope they take action asap.

10. creaky

The site is as slow as molasses, lots of page timeouts, so bad that i'm calling it a night..
    I don't think it's me, my torrents are doing nothing unusual, i'll check though.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Seconded.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Update: there is a routing fault with internet traffic in the UK at the moment, which will affect you and me. It is probably not specific to afterdawn.

13. creaky

Naw, i'm having no problem with any other sites. Turned my torrents back on, didn't think it was that, i always happily surf with virtually no slowdown even when torrents are maxxing out the connection :)

14. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

It's kind of middle ground for me and I'm in the U.S..

The new site feels like it "paints" a lot slower for me on Chrome but once it's loaded everything seems OK. It could be as fast as the "old" site but it definitely doesn't feel that way.

15. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Runs fast for me with FF and Chrome, however launching from my phone is brutal, almost unmanageable.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The PM window, when accessed thru my profile, comes up in Finnish.

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nah, loads of sites were slow here last night, and the problem was confirmed by my ISP usergroup.

19. creaky

No other problems with any other sites here on O2 last night, at least all is well today

20. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Wish i'd have seen this post first. I just posted the same information on ver4 goes live thread.

Same thing on my end Garmoon.