1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If u need help, Please Read This

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by WindWaker, Mar 15, 2005.

1. WindWaker

WindWaker Member

Right after my cube was chiped i rush out and bought a whole bunch of mini dvd-rs, all sorts of brand but not ritek because the place that i got the mini dvdr from ran out of ritek. They told me they would have some more stock in two days. When i got home the first thing i did was jump om my pc and quickly open up nero. Words won't describe how excited i was burning my first gamecube game. While im at it let me tell you how happy i was when i heard about the viper, been praying for the day a modchip finally came out for the gamecube,Anyways.....The first game i burn was resident evil 4 of course, burnt the game at 4x with Finalise dise checked. This was an iso image.After swapping the original game with the burnt one it started to load i was ready to play it when a disc error message came up.So i reset and tried again this time i was able to play the game for about 2 mins when the error message came up again.
    I don't know why it was doing this maybe the burn speed was to fast.I made other copy this time with 1x speed but the same thing happen. So i thought it must be the media, i change to other brand but the same thing happen. I bought about 6 different brands of
    mini dvdr, of the 6,2 would
    the game for about 2-3 mins,the other four brands didn't load the game at all.
    i tried all possible burning methods 1x,2x,4x, FSTFIX14b fix, finalise checked and unchecked, different types of burners, nero, disejugguler,cdrwin,clonecd, different game image etc,etc.
    After wasting about 30 mini dvdr i was about to gave up. Then i remember about the ritek brand and after waiting two days for it my headache was finally over
    every game i burnt on ritek was running perfect, well not really perfect. With some games you get a random dise error message, when i say random i mean it could pop up 1hr,2hr,5hr or sometimes half an hr into the game. I guess it was better then nothing. In the end i ended up doing something that i didn't really wanted to do, adjusting the lazer.Im glad that i did it because now every single game runs PERFECTLY. No more dise error messgae. To get my lazer adjust i brang my cube back to a friend on mine who also put in the chip for me, by the way he moddifieds console for a living and also a serious gamer.

Sorry for the long post, this is my experince with the viper chip thought i'ii share it with everyone.

2. maddenart

maddenart Member

nice thread.I had to do the same thing fix my laser.I changed mine to 190 and could have gone down to 89 but I don't know much about it so I just left it at 190.and all my back-ups works great.but I can't play pal games are any games on cdr's but there is a way I'v seen it done but don't know how.and I'm still having a time getting my gamecube to my pc.my network cable always says unplugged and never connects.if I could get this fixed and can start ripping.