1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If your girlfriend cheated on you with a girl would you be mad?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Logik666, Jan 26, 2006.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yup! Thats my baby...mine is better shape though. I don't know what it will do in the quater mile but I'll tell you, I damn near killed myself when I first got it. Went from a VW bug to that beast. I got into a bit of a scrape at about 60-65 mph and put the accelerator to the floor as I would have in my bug...it broke traction and started burning rubber even at that speed. Damn near killed me!

2. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

LMAO Gerry! I do that on my bike... On purpose! The wheel goes up straight away!
    People here say that american big block engines last over 400k miles. Is it true? Cars in Britain will be shot after they hit 100/120k...

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I imagine that could be true if it was really babied / well maintained but most engines here are ready for the scarp heap at 100k as well. The most I've ever seen was on another chrysler product; it was a slant six cyl and had just over 300k and that one was pretty seriously abused but those were real work horse engines. My VW could take quite a beating though I might add. I was in the marine corps when I had it so I didn't have much money and drove the thing for two years without a clutch! I would start it in first gear and let it jerk until it was rolling fast enough to jump start. When stopping at a light, I would force it out of gear letting it idle in neutral and just jam it really hard into first when it was time to go. I'll tell you, I rode that damned VW to death. When it died though, it died big time.

My very first car was a 1965 Ford Shelby Mustang...believe it or not...it was my Mom's and damn could she drive that thing!...She used me as an excuse to buy something "sporty"; Dad and I knew better though. Dad drove like an old lady but hell, mom was a madwoman! ...Gerry

4. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

That name alone makes me nervous... Probably one of the most nice looking cars ever... Could you tame it?

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@permiggs...429 four-barrell, four speed, rack & pinion steering. Damn that was a sweet car. Wish I still had that in good condition (or even bad condition!)If memory serves, it was the first car with uni-body contruction but not sure about that. We took excellent care of that car but the engine was also gone at about 100K. My chrysler has about 250K and still purrs like a kitten.

@Dr_no...what sort of HT are you running? I've got a Denon 3805, Mirage OM-5 active fronts, OM C-3 center, 4 OM R2 surrounds ... my sub is a Klip12 though and good enough for the moment because I'm now in a rather small space but in a large space, it wouldn't keep pace with the rest and probably just hurl itself into space!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  6. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

permiggs,
    IMO that Shelby is IMO the best car ever build, I have a nice pic of one I took last year at the races, might find it on my HD if interested.
    Gerry,
    beat you on the HT department though, by year :) I'm running a 3803 with some Infinity RS up front and some Def Tech bipolars in the rear. Hooked up of course to a nice Mits HDTV with a SA HDTV/DVR and Denons 2200 DVD/SACD player. The juice comes through a nice Panamax. It serves my current needs just nice :)

7. ireland

ireland Active member

i have a 6-barrel cart,it has the best whiskey around,
    "O","O" i forgot ye are talking about cars...
    [​IMG]

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I've got to learn how to post pics and make a sig...after 300 or so messages, you'd think I'd have the initiative.

The 65 shelby mustang was a magnificent machine but a little too light in the rear. It really could fly and I can't even describe the steering...it was rack and pinion steering like the british sports cars...TR-6, XKE etc...very tight steering, almost like power steering once rolling but not, can't describe it. Two more things about though that were really neat. 1. You could keep you beer cold in the trunk and whoever was in the back seat need only lift a little lever, open a flap to the trunk, remove your beer or whatever and then close it. 2. Those vents you see outside on each side by the backseat were not decorative, they actually worked and worked well. Best things I've ever seen for cigarette smoke and stale beer smell. Jeez, when I think of all the drinking and driving we did and the totally f**ked up conditions we were in, I'm lucky I never got killed (or caught)but as it happens, I never even put a dent in the car. Unbelievable what young males do in their teens and early twenties.....permigg has survived this long so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guy!

@Dr,_nO...your system sounds reallly sweet. I might actually have you on the speakers though; I'll post the specs tomorrow when I'm not so lazy; I guess when you're talking that kind of money and quality, it often becomes a matter of personal taste. I'm a classical organ / piano teacher part time so I need to listen to a lot of stuff but very few speakers can handle pipe organs...try it sometime; a hell of a test for speakers. Imagine the sound of blowing into a 50ft tall coke bottle or the highs of a one inch pipe the size of the smallest drill bit. I'm sure classical organ isn't your type of music but try it sometime just for the hell of it...you'll be astonished at the work out your speakers are going to get! Anyway, speakers are always an organist's biggest problem; I drove them nuts at Tweeters but they were by far the best for my uses...the price tag wasn't so hot though!

I like your DVD/SACD player and I'm having something of a fight with myself! My CD player died but it was old anyway and my DVD player only takes one disc while I like to have multiple discs for music but this DVD player I have has the most astonishing picture I've ever seen...it has a 1080i upconverter which is just astonishing. Gear had told me about one, but I couldn't find it so I read reviews on an obscure player called Oppo. Man, the picture is unbelievable...maybe I won't risk it and I'll just get a really good Denon CD player. I can't decide. Because of the way my taxes are set up, I get a three to five thousand dollar tax return at this time of year and I REFUSE to do something responsible like pay bills...it's the only time I can ever afford expensive toys all year!

Well, gotta go to bed. Good night guys

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Ireland, you must have one hell of a good cataloging system!

10. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry this pix is at me shout box,for full size for the bike or?
    p/s i can not post the other pixs of her,as then ye would not want the bike...........................
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland: Why thank You! Well, our young friend permiggs can have the bike, if you don't mind, I'm getting too old for that sort of thing ... but not the other ;-). Thank you for the directions in your profile about sigs. I've been too lazy to learn but I'll get to it!

12. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Nice bike Ireland!
    Can I ride her?

13. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

Here is that car permiggs :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  14. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

gerry,
    Yes, I'm thinking of upgrading my front speakers to some Paradigm's :)
    Maybe that tax return will steer me right to it :)

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@dr_no: Ah, the pic you posted in a Ford Shelby Cobra, not a Ford "Mustang" Shelby Cobra though I would gladly have traded! Mine was more street stock variety; looked rather like the regular 65 mustang GT Fastback but the mean version LOL! When I get home from work, I'll post a pic; hell the directions are right above...time to stop being so lazy! Besides, I'm determined to give Ireland a run for his money...I know, Ireland, Fat Chance! These are my speakers by the way.
    http://miragespeakers.com/om5.shtml# FRONTS
    http://miragespeakers.com/omC3.shtml# CENTER
    http://miragespeakers.com/omR2.shtml# SURROUND x 4
    http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=55 SUB

Check out the fronts; they're awesome! (The rest aren't shabby either!)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2006
  16. dr_no

dr_no Regular member

gerry,
    Sorry I mixed up the cars, I guess didn't pay attention :) I do know which ones you referring to though.
    Can't find pics of my Infinity's, they pretty old, but here are the specs:
    Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz
    Sensitivity: 92dB (2.83 volts/1 meter)
    Impedance: 8 ohms
    Output Level: MAX - 115dB spl
    Recommended Power Amplifier Range: 15 - 200 watts
    Woofer: 6.5" (160mm)co-injected
    Tweeter: 1" (25mm) neodymium soft dome
    Not too shabby for some older ones is it?

17. ireland

ireland Active member

dr no
    will this do,i think this is a pix of a Infinity'
    [​IMG]

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@dr_no...not too shabby indeed! Its fun to know what equipment other people have.

@Ireland:....you're infinity ain't too shabby either! I'm curious to know something Ireland, do you ever sleep? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2006
  19. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Ok seems like most people would be happy with it.

I think I'd be pissed that I FOUND out rather than being invited. I'd be more concerned with what else was or has gone on behind my back.

But then again, if I'm at a club with my girl and she's a little tipsy and has a hottie hit on her and the THREE of us head home then ok.

Tak'em to town!

20. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

@irish80ca

Hehe, good answer.

Here's my speaker specs,

Frequency Response: 28 Hz - 20 kHz
    * Peak Power: 300 watts*
    * Sensitivity (1w/1m): 92 dB
    * 6.5" Midrange with Fiber Impregnated Cone
    * 1" Soft Dome Tweeter with Ferro Fluid
    * 12" Cast Frame High Excursion Woofer