1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IfoEdit Creating 200,000 files when striping down vob??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sincere, Aug 26, 2002.

1. sincere

sincere Member

I'm a computer Eng. So learing how to work all the programs and understanding the logic was easy.

1) riped all of dvd to hd, using dvddecrypter

2) Loaded Vts_01_1.ifo into ifoedit, clicked vob extras- checked everything but: Re-mux, Rebuild pts, remove angle pointers, create new video.

Chose a new directory to put the new striped vobs in. Hit ok, checked only 1 audio to be left everything else to be striped.

Next screen is where IfoEdit tell me the status of "Processing Source VOB" This is where i get confused, cause it is writing new vts_01_80632.vob the nubers have gone as from as 250,000 files each 2kilo bytes a piece. So far i have tried 2 dvds.

The frist i let run over night, computer crashed at some pt? Tried again let run all day, about 5hrs into it was only at 50%

Tried second dvd, still takes forever.

I DONT have a slow computer. Amb xp1800, ddr512mb ram, ata/133 hd's, 2 on raid for that matter.

Using IfoEdit v 0.932, tried it with v0.91 also.

So far no luck striping extras from dvd's because ifoedit is creating so many files.

Please Help

2. malum

malum Regular member

Well you are doing the right stuff but that ain't right. what version of Ifoedit and which OS?

3. malum

malum Regular member

sorry you have put that info in already.

If you are using XP then you might have a problem some people seem to (I don't) Are you using NTFS for your file system or FAT32, that's the only other thing I can think of, you should use NTFS.

Can you try it on another machine?
    When you say you ripped all the DVD you mean all the files right? cos I had peoblems with IFOedit not working when I didn't rip the whole thing.

4. sincere

sincere Member

Hey, i figured it out. Pretty messed up. On the right hand side of ifoedit, where you select the options of riping. There is a drop down box, where above it says vob size. Each time i was trying to strip the audio that box was just empty (nothing selected) so ifoedit defalted to writing vob files of max size 2k instead of 1gig. SOMETHING that should never have been over looked.

Ifoedit worked fine there after.

Now i just have to figure out how to get rip of the stupid VBI warning. I understand how to do it if it was in the video_ts.vob but for the 2 dvds i'm trying to back up its in vts_04_1.vob. I found that if i just delete the files from the directory, the dvd wont play in ifoedit, cause the pointers are pointing to nothing.

I also dont quite understand the logic behind "get vts sectors"

Either way still working on getting the first backup to work.

~Jeff

Any ideas would be greatful.

I am also running win xp.