1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ifoedit problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by harism, Mar 6, 2003.

1. harism

harism Guest

hi guys, i have the HP 200e and i followed the procedure Elaine described. I ripped the movie to a folder in my docs ,then i created a new folder named VIDEO_TS and tried to find the ifo file through ifoedit(0.95). When i got the ifo, ifoedit replied IFO file not found.Anyway i stripped files (ids used) and started to process them.After 45 mins a message came saying"it seems you use not existing files".I would appreciate any ideas.Thanks

2. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

If the message says "cannot find VIDEO_TS.IFO, seems it doesnt exist" or something like that, it is no problem, just click ok and it will finish processing and create the file it could not find.

3. harism

harism Guest

but then when the process ends,it seems that a new folder includes only vob files and no ifo.Although i ignore the message and complete proceedure (i get vobu pointers changed)the new folder dosn't have any ifo file just the vobs.When i reopen for the second time the ifoedit to get the new ifo created there is no ifo.Please help...

4. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

The message about vobu pointers is shown when the process is finished, but you still need to do a couple steps (region free, user prohibitions, get vts sectors) before you save the newly created ifo files before exiting ifoedit. Maybe this guide will you:
    http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-menustripping.htm

5. harism

harism Guest

Thank you very much.A few hours ago I visited that link and i got all the guidance provided with steps.Everything seems it works fine and finally I got the new folder containing the right ifo files.Now what do you believe it's a good engie to burn the file to a dvdr? I have Recordnow max as well as the nero v.5.5.10.0.Also I have the Gear pro software.As far as I know this version of nero can burn a dvd to dvd+r (right format for HP 200e)but it's not indicated for standalones.Somewhere I noticed that the previous version of Nero (5.5.9) behaves better for standalone players.What to you believe?

6. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

Glad to hear you figured out your problems. I use Nero (the most recent version) and it works fine for the 4 dvd players I tested.

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

As there are lots of compatibility issues between burning software, the best one to use is the one that is most compatible for you.

I have nero and recordmaxnow dx.

Nero works for me, however I have just bought a new standalone and nero doesn't work.

Recordnowmax however works fine in ALL of my standalones including PS2.

You will probably benefit from trying all the burning programs you have to find out which one works best.

There is no 'fool proof' universal method as standalones are all different, it is a matter of finding which is best for you.

I hear recordnowmax seems to be very compatible.

Hope this helps.

8. harism

harism Guest

I tried nero andit seems it doesn't work on my standalone ("This DVD cannot be played") i will make a try through recordnow max and hope i do something.But anyway thanks in advance

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Also if u r using +r discs, ur player may not support them.

Check out other users feedback/compatibility for ur standalone player at www.dvdrhelp.com
    On the right side of the page.

10. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hellooo... I own a HP200e and I'm having problems with InfoEdit in creating ISO files so that I can create DVD with my HP RecordNow program. InfoEdit prompt "imgLib.dll missing" and I do not have Nero Burn, what other ways can I create ISO and HP RecordNow does not accept img files?

11. harism

harism Guest

Could you mind telling me pls which from the already new processed files should i use to drag and drop them to nero(5.5.10.7) so as to write the copy? (i.e. vts_0_2_0.vob is the file that dvd player uses and contains the movie-all ifoedit work is done).Thanks in advance

12. onestop

onestop Regular member

13. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes onestop is correct.

ALL files should be residing in a folder named VIDEO_TS (uppercase always).

In nero u can use dvd video which already gives u the VIDEO_TS folder and also a AUDIO_TS folder (leave the audio one empty) and just drag ALL the files into the VIDEO_TS folder or alternatively.

When u use ifoedit, process all the files into a folder named VIDEO_TS (uppercase) so u then have the folder ready to burn, burn just as data in recordnowmax (under add files) and u should have a fully compliant dvd.

Hope u get there.

14. harism

harism Guest

Hi guys I have used dvd decrypter for many many times to rip a dvd movie to my hard disk.I tried to rip a new film (Napoleon) and it seems that decrypter can't unlock the movie and rip it to a folder i keep. Is there any new encryption on dvds or something else? I also tried (just to check) to Pearl Harbor and it did the same. Any ideas? Thanks

15. baabaa

baabaa Active member

What do u mean ' can't unlock' Did u get an error code?

Try rebooting or open up powerdvd/media player first.

I did pearl harbor using dvd decrypter with no problems.

Used ifo mode as I just wanted the movie.

Check out ur settings, I just ripped the movie ifo/vobs and processed with dvd2one, good results.

I have also found, if dvd decrypter cannot do it then smartripper can or vice versa.

Hope this helps.

16. harism

harism Guest

Well first i play the movie with powerdvd for a couple of minutes.Then i start with decr.The process is going fine as it decrypts vts01 1.vob,then vts 02 2.vob up to 4 and then the reader stops!I close decrypter and i start with smartripper but it happens the same.No luck.i recently downloaded claddvd xp but again the same.Trying to find out what did suddnly happened.Maybe the reader (hp 200e).ideas?

17. harism

harism Guest

Well first i play the movie with powerdvd for a couple of minutes.Then i start with decr.The process is going fine as it decrypts vts01 1.vob,then vts 02 2.vob up to 4 and then the reader stops!I close decrypter and i start with smartripper but it happens the same.No luck.i recently downloaded claddvd xp but again the same.Trying to find out what did suddnly happened.Maybe the reader (hp 200e).ideas?

18. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Pal, I am using a HP200e as well and it has been really fine with DVD Decryter on almost all the functions. DVD-9 ripping, DVD-5 direct dubbing, burning of img file created by Imgtools, etc... and everything was good. Well I downloaded mine version from here http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-menustripping.htm and maybe you might want to try it out too. Oh yeah, I came accross something about Adaptec ASPI 4.6 and "Sefy" commented that do not use the later versions which usually having problems...use only ASPI 4.6 and that is also what I'm using now. By the way, I usually select rip all instead of just the auto pick up vobs so that I will also have more options during altering.