1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ifoedit questions

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by nitram22, Apr 21, 2007.

1. nitram22

nitram22 Member

I started with one vob file I used ifoedit to create ifo files for this vob file. I now have all ifo, bup, vob files required, now I use nero 6.0 to burn onto dvd-r. when it's time to burn I get a warning from nero saying that video may not play correcttly, after the burn it will play on my pc but will not play on my standalone dvd.

Is there any one that knows how to make either ifos or vobs dvd compliant with ifoedit?

Thanks

2. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

Just to check, ur putting all the IFO's,BUP's & VOB's in a VIDEO_TS folder and burning w/ nero burning rom, right?

3. attar

attar Senior member

Your not making a PAL or NTSC when you should be vice versa?

4. nitram22

nitram22 Member

To Attar, no i'm going ntsc to ntsc.

To Adrock925,
    When using nero the burn video files option will bring you to a screen where you have to open a red VIDEO_TS folder then choose your ifo, bup, vob files and drag them into the is folder. So unlessI am not doing it correctly, putting my files in a VIDEO_TS folder seems irrelevant. I posted the same question under nero questions and got this reply. (this part of it.)

You might also want to take the VOB files and run them thru Vision to make a dvd compliant dvd.

I then ask if they meant nero vision, and they said yes and part of the reply was as follows

Something with the ifo files created by IFOEdit that Nero or you player didn't like.

So is it the VOB or the IFO. I don't know. I did download nero vision and authored my dvd with it and it works fine, but it also took 2 1/2 hours. So i'm thinking that there is an option in ifoedit that would make my ifo or vob dvd compliant without having to go through 2 1/2 hours of waiting for nero to do whatever it does.

Thanks again.

5. attar

attar Senior member

A VOB is a DVD compliant file.
    It's part of a group of files (IFO, BUP, etc) that together, have all the information required to build a DVD Disk..
    Two and a half hours from scratch is not unreasonable for a full length movie.
    You said you started with a VOB.Did it come from a DVD to begin with?
    Normally to back up a DVD you would rip it and shrink it.
    That wouldn't take too long, unless it had to be converted from PAL to NTSC for example.

6. nitram22

nitram22 Member

I have a standalone panasonic dvd recorder, I had recorded a certain tv show among others on a disk. I only wanted one show off this dvd, through My Computer I viewed the contents of the disk and found the vob the contained the show and copied and pat to my HD. I then used ifo edit to create ifo etc... It will play on my computer but not on standalone dvd.

7. nitram22

nitram22 Member

I meant (copy and paste) to HD

8. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

It sounds like that method, most likely, simply doesn't work- have you done this B4? It seems as tho when you removed the vob from the other ifo's & bup's it screwed up the DVD structure, your pc can play it because it can play individual VOB's of course, but it seems like certain elements are missing to allow ur stand-alone to play it (it's probably missing the correct BUP, or the IFO is incorrect). When using VOBedit or IFOedit u really need to know exactly what u r doing because ur editing the actual coding of the DVD data - if you mess up ur screwed.

There are other ways of editing a DVD but this sounds like u need someone who's an expert with IFOedit - any takers?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  9. attar

attar Senior member

10. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

^^^Interesting, can you take multiple AVI's/mpegs and create a single dvd from them? how long does it take, does it re-encode the videos files into m2v's?

11. attar

attar Senior member

@AdRock925
    Multiple files can be input (mpeg, vob, avi)however the output is DVD compliant files (VOB, IFO, etc) not m2v.
    About 700MB per hour throughput.
    This program is the freeware precursor of ConvertX2dvd.