1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOEDIT --removing credits

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dcatcha, Jan 24, 2003.

1. dcatcha

dcatcha Member

I need some help using IFOEDIT. I am trying to make a copy of Signs, a movie I purchased, but I am about 250 Mb over disc capacity. How do I remove the credits from a movie. I would like to know how to find out how to tell where the credits are in any movie, so if I have this issue again I can figure it out for my self.

Thanks in advance,
    Nate_X_X_X_X_X_[small]dogg[/small]

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Are you copying the movie to AVI, DVD, etc???

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

If you play the dvd in powerdvd you can(right click) whilst the ACTUAL movie is playing it should display goto, then a title set will have a tick by it,glide the cursor over and it will display all the chapters.

Usually the end credits r the last 1 or 2 chapters.

Once u know that, you can use ifoedit to split to 2 dvd's.
    There you can cut just the chapter with the credits to a 2nd disc.
    After processing you then just delete that 2nd disc file.

This is the way I do it but others may use a different method.

Hope this helps!

4. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

dcatcha,

Simple. Open the main movie .IFO. You will see that each line under 'PGC 1' has a 'V/C Id' assigned to it. Each V/C Id corresponds to a VOB Id.

Now take Signs, the last two line items are the end credits. You can check this by double clicking on a line item. Now with this movie you can't strip out the first line(Ifoedit won't let you) but you can strip out the second line (or VOB Id 2) which is the beginning credits.

In Ifoedit, open the movie vts. Click 'VOB extras'. Check off 'strip Vob Ids' as well as the normal correction settings. Designate a directory and click 'ok'. Now check off all the VOB Ids you want to KEEP. In the movie Signs you'll have to get rid of the 2nd and the last 2 VOB Ids so it will fit on one disc. Click 'strip it' and voila.