1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignore default subtitles

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by beycan, Nov 28, 2013.

1. beycan

beycan Newbie

I'm using MeGUI to overlay my subtitles on mkv videos (that also have embedded soft subs).

I read the video source with DirectShowSource command, then TextSub my srt file on the video.

The problem is that the output video has two subtitles, mine over the default one.

Is there a command to ignore the default embedded subtitles for my case?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. attar

attar Senior member

I'm not familiar with MeGUI, but if your source video is MKV and it has a separate subtitle stream, it would be simpler to use MKVExtract GUI to load the video, deselect the existing subtitle stream, add your new .srt file and mux a new MKV.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVExtractGUI-2

3. beycan

beycan Newbie

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I have lots of files to be processed.
    To this end, I'm creating a program that produces the scripts automatically for each new video file attached to the input directory. This program automatically creates the script files that handles many options such as logo, subtitles (selected language), intro (3-5 seconds), etc.

SOLVED
    I learn that DirectShowSource command automatically employs the embedded soft subs and need to change the source reader library, for example to FFMS2 with FFVideoSource(), to ignore the default embedded subtitles.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013