1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

illegal disc error with nero

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by rappy, Oct 8, 2004.

1. rappy

rappy Member

Hi There, i keep having illegal disc errors with nero version 6.3.1.6 using the nec 1300a 4 speed re-writer. I recently upgraded to the latest firmware on this drive and for some reason it picks it up as a iomega drive but dunno why. Iam using datawrite red 4 speed discs with no probs till now, aim running windows 2000 pro with a amd xp2000 and 1048 pc2700 ddr ram, any ideas on this please? I have wasted about 4 discs on this problem now and don't want to waste anymore, please help! :(

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

You should upgrade to the latest Nero 6.3.1.25 and if you still have issues, post your Nero log file from the failed write attempt. Be sure to edit out your serial key and either do a simulation write, or use ReWritable media

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. servie_b

servie_b Guest

Did you upgrade with the correct firmware? The Iomega is a NEC1300 built by IOMEGA, but their firmwares are a bit different. Where did you get the FW from? I have a NEC1300 with Herrie's 108v2 and it burns flawlessly in W98SE at 4x. I used Nero 6.3.1.6 and now 6.3.1.25. Illegal discs is a firmware related problem. I think you should try to downgrade your firmware to 108v2.