1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Illegal source. Missing VTS_1. Aborting"

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by -Marlin-, Sep 18, 2005.

1. -Marlin-

-Marlin- Regular member

Why do I keep getting this? It has happened with the last 2 movies I had tried to burn. Using RB Pro, and CCE 2.70.

I ripped the DVD to my HD with Decrypter in File mode doing only main movie files and IFO's, took out some audio tracks and subtitles in RB bfore hitting Backup in 1 Click Mode.

Should I be using ISO mode in Decrypter instead before sending it to RB, or is File Mode right? In the guide I have it says to rip the ENTIRE DVD using File mode, not just the movie.... is that the answer to my question? I have read someplace that RB is not to forgiving if you remove something it may need or want prior to it's use. Althought it has worked with some DVD's using only the movie and IFO's, it's about 50/50 so far.

Can anyone help me out?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You need the entire DVD because DVD-RB will start by reading VIDEO_TS.IFO which references pretty much every titleset. If some of the files it references aren't there that can cause you problems.

3. -Marlin-

-Marlin- Regular member

Ah.. yeah that's what I figured, perhaps I should have read the guide a little closer eh, since it spells it out in plain english? heh

Thanks Vurbal!

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

No problem