1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilo 404...remote / battery issue

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Organ_Man, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Organ_Man

Organ_Man Member

Hello all..I have the ilo 404 and it works fine, but when recording on the 4hr mode, all of a sudden, I get this OTR on it: (00:15:03/00:43:00 otr) and then the display screen pops up? Has anybody ever had this issue..could it be that the batteries in the remote doing this?
    I've never had a problem with this unit otherwise, and I record very frequently...when this happens, It ruins everything...can anybody assist me?
    Thx...
    -Organ_Man

2. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

OTR means One Touch Recording. What's happening is you are pressing the record button more than once. The record button on these remotes are very touchy and it is easy to accidentally press the button more than once.

If this happens, just continue to press the record button until the OTR disappears and it will continue to record until you stop it.

In pressing the record button, the first time you press it, it will start recording. Each additional time it is press, it puts the recorder in OTR timed mode and adds 30 minutes to the recording time (up to 6 hours, depending on the record speed mode), and will then automatically turn off.

I hope this helps

3. Organ_Man

Organ_Man Member

Gtrman,
    Thank you very much for repling! This helps...now one more question, I have the recorder with the 82b serial number,(something like that, I have the orginal drive), I got the firmware patch, but I didn't see the 3hr LP mode on my unit...I can just not really worry about that right...the 4hr LP seems to work just fine for me and the vid quality looks just fine

4. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

Go to my firmware download page. Make sure you are getting the firmware file that says HACKED to add the 3-hour mode and disable MacroVision.

5. Organ_Man

Organ_Man Member

Thank you...will do