1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilo and Macrovision DVDR04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by lynamgirl, Dec 28, 2004.

1. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

I am new at this, but Macrovision is what keeps you from recording copyrighted movies, correct? I was trying to record a movie from VHS to DVD, and it said copy protected. I tried the download from http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/ the one for 3 hour mode and disable macrovision. It updated on the LED screen (or at least it said updating...lol retried and it still would not record. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the macrovision? or a way around it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh and the 3 hour mode did not show up either...?
    ilo DVDR04 (no harddrive)

2. freaky1

freaky1 Member

lynamgirl

Did you turn the power off then back on like it said. Ths update does work.

3. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

yeah I did, it ejected the disc and all, I turned off then back on. I did 2 different updates, the last 2 on the link mentioned in the original post. Was that correct?

4. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

Ok, when I got home last night, I tried it again, I used both downloads from the website, neither worked. So I used the one for Macrovision only, and it worked. Wonder why the one for both of them would not work?
    I did not try the 3 hour mode one by itself. If I do that, will it mess my macrovision one up again?

5. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

hello lynamgirl,
    if your going to transfer VHS to DVD without the computer set up you need........a vcr + "a video stablizer" + the dvd recorder.. is one way to do this.

the "video Stablizer" will get rid of the Microvsion and all. you can get them on ebay for about $25.00
    it's just a little black box about 4"x4" called a RX11, it hooks up in between your VCR and DVD recorder on the "Video in and Video out line"

i bought this little box and it does work i'm backing up my old VHS collection with this set up. there are several little boxes for sell on ebay but the $25.00
    one works fine

now on another note your Ilo DVDR04 can also be what
    they call "HACKED" to kill the micrvison and copyright stuff aswell. it has what they call a
    "Secret Menu" built in to kill microvsion and region codes ect on many DVD RECORDERS and DVD PLAYERS.

this "Secret Menu" is used when these recorders are
    worked on in a shop so the service tech can turn this
    "OFF" so they can repair them.

if you PM me with all your hardware i'll help you with all this imformation.

6. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

well Thanks...I did get the Macrovision disabled. I cant get the 3 hour mode to work...which I guess isnt that big of a deal, but would be helpful. If you have any suggestions...let me know!

7. freaky1

freaky1 Member

lynamgirl

I wish I could help with this one. I used the one update for the 3 hour and macrovision and it worked. Good luck.

8. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

I guess its all about the timing....lol I got it to work last night..now I am one happy kitten.
    I have owned 2 more recorders for this, the Emerson and a Magnavox, (cant remember the model #'s) but believe it or not the Ilo is better than either of those. My only complaints (so far..its only been a week) is the timer for daily recording is Sun-Sat, not Mon-Fri like most...
    The remote is way too small, hard to operate without hitting another button, and the noise at startup, but those are minimal considering my probs with the other 2.

9. priceb

priceb Member

Hello Freedom2,
    How does that "secret menu" for disabling Macrovision work on the ilodvdr04. What info. do you need to know?
    Also, did anyone else get an unlabeled disc with their recorder, and know what it's for?

10. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

yes I got one...its a DVD-RW for you to record on..

11. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

hey priceb............

try this address below its at the bottom of the page............
    http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/

freaky1 said this one worked also

i'm still looking for the other one i found aswell

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  12. priceb

priceb Member

Thank you lynamgirl. I wouldn't have figured that one out. But I thought the machine only recorded on +R or +RW?

Thanks to you also "freedom2". I did try that address, but I had a problem opening it after downloading/saving it to my PC. It may be a problem with my PC. When I get it open, what do I do with it next? Download it to disc & put it in the recorder? Maybe I can download it straigte from the site to a disc? (Although I use a PC everyday at work, I'm not very proficient when it comes to stuff like this). I'll try that 1st, then I'll try it on my work PC. I'll let ya'll know. Thanks for the input, abd Happy New Year! Geaux Tigers!!!

13. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

It is a +, sorry for the confusion...lol
    You dont open the file after you save it, you burn it on to a disc and put it in the recorder. It will say update or something to that extent on the screen. When it gets finished the door will open, take the disc out, turn the machine off, wait about a minute, then turn it back on...

14. priceb

priceb Member

lynamgirl,
    I've done as you said, and everything appears to have done what it was supposed to. I guess I won't know for sure until I try to record something Now, is this upgrade supposed to disable all copy protected material?
    And I assume it now lets you record in a 3hr. mode also?
    If I have to uplug the recorder from the electrical outlet for any reason, do I have to redue everything I've done up to this point, or is it permanately saved?
    I apologize for all the questions, so if this is too annoying, I'll understand.
    Thanks

15. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

hello priceb..

did you get every thing to work for you now????
    did you use the download towards the bottom of the page??

ok well yall above let me know if it all worked out for yall

good day freedom2

16. priceb

priceb Member

yes freedom2, used the download at the bottom and made my 1st recording of a home video today, and fixing to try some more. thanks for asking. i do have another question about recording. does a disc automaticaly start recording where it stopped a previous recording if it is not yet full or hasn't been finalized? and can you prevent an +RW disc from being recorded over? (2 questions)
    priceb

17. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

Yes you can do both. The disc will start recording where the previous one stopped, but it will be a new title. Also, I know you can protect the recording. I think it is on the OSM button, not sure because I am not at home right now. But there is somewhere that lets you protect the recording. It is in the owners manual. If you do not have the manual let me know and I will look it up when I get home if noone else answers before then...
    One complaint I have about this unit, may have mentioned before, not sure...the remote is too freakin small and sometimes the buttons have a mind of their own. LOL anyone else ran into this problem, where you push one button but it does something else, and that button isnt even located close to it...
    I am also looking for a Universal remote that operates this machine if anyone knows of one

18. ilohell

ilohell Guest

You can protect the recorded DVD after you are done. Push the On Screen Menu button OSM on the remote and you will see FINALIZE at the bottom. Click down to this and hit Enter on the remote to finalize the DVE.
    Yes, I too believe the buttons on the remote are too small.

19. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

there is also a way you can protect one recording without finalizing the whole disc...

20. priceb

priceb Member

Can you finalize RW discs? If so, is it just like the R's?