1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by tony_marq, Dec 13, 2004.

1. wfdjr23

wfdjr23 Guest

I just purchased the DVD Without the hard drive in it from walmart everytime i finsh recording and it is in the dic finish mode it spits the disc out and it says failed does anyone know how to fix this problem

2. gserve

gserve Member

Try different media. Look at ilo's website for media list.Also download all the new firmware updates and apply them.

3. rwanz

rwanz Guest

I'm brand new to the whole DVD thing, but have just purchased a ILO system with the hard drive. I loaded the 1195 hacked and now have the 3 hour capability, but when I try to copy a DVD to the HDD I get a message telling me that the system doesn't support this option. I was also wondering if anyone can tell me how to copy a JPEG CD to the HDD. Both the DVD and the JPEG CD play great from the DVD Drive, I just can't seem to get either of them to copy to the HDD. One final question; how can you tell which version of firmware is installed on your system?
    ron

4. motorcycl

motorcycl Member

I tried posting to this forum last night, but aparently didn't do something right. Soory if this is posted twice.
    Does anyone know if the ilo's that are in the stores now has the latest up-dates on them, or do you have to install the lates firmware after you buy them.
    I am trying to decide between the ilo and the Pioneer 220-S. Has anyone had experince with both, that could do a comparison on the two units.
    The local Walmart has the ilo priced at $118.00. The Walmart website has them priced at $149.67. A few days ago they were $138.00. It don't make since, that the on line price went up and the store price went down. The Pioneer is $198.67

Thanks....Bo

5. MagicChef

MagicChef Member

Actually the dvd recorder for 118 bucks is the DVDR05 not the DVDR04 I plan on buying it but first I want to find a review for it. Heres the website for it.

http://www.iloservice.com/

6. ifly4reel

ifly4reel Member

I just bought an iLO DVD RHD04 (with 80G HD) and have being reading about firmware updates. As I am just taking the recorder out of the box and starting to use, can anyone tell me what (if any) firmware updates I need (and why?). Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. sarajean

sarajean Guest

I bought the ILO DVD recorder at walmart for $118.00..and it works just great...does everything that it should..if you all are have a problem...read the instruction...I can't belive that it does the job as good as or better than the higher priced machines....READ the MANUAL....

8. tuvok1701

tuvok1701 Member

jean this post is insulting. I too had a problem with the first ILO I purchased, and it was not because I was unable to read the manual. It was because the unit was defective. I went through two defective units from Wal-Mart before I got one that seems to function (knock on wood) Also if you bother to "read" yourself, folks on here are not complaining about problems, as much as asking about firmware updates, which add extra features to the unit, such as the addition of the 3 hour recording speed. I have found that the people that post on here are intelligent enough to know how to read. You are right however that the ILO is a great unit, if you are lucky enough to get one that is stable. It seems to be a hit or miss thing.

9. teleho

teleho Member

DVDR04s can be bought at the DVDR05 price. There are some out there if you can find a Walmart with some older stock. Just bought one yesterday. The store had 4, 3 others had no 04s, just the new 05s. (BTW: The new 05s are made by Cyberhome, not the same animal as the 04)

10. dwander

dwander Guest

Today I picked up the DVDR05 at Walmart for $118.00 This replaces the DVDR04 ($138.00) that just plain ole QUIT. The '04' unit had me at HELLO so I finally took the faceplate off the recorder to get my disk out. There IS a disk eject button buried beneath the faceplate--wonder why ILO didn't make it accessible to humans! This is corrected in the '05' model with an emergency tray release on the bottom of the unit.
    Hook up on the DVDR05 is straightforward and easy. I still see some digital anomaly even though I am using Monster Component cables. It is almost like the screen is trying to 'catch up' with the signal in spots. (maybe this is the nature of the beast or I need to tweak my DVDR and TV settings)
    The remote is completely different, so I will have to relearn the schedule set up. I will follow up with a post as I get some more time with the new DVDR05.

11. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

My questions seem to get overlooked on here...but I want to try one more time:

Has anyone had any problems with the tuner being fuzzy on certain channels? Anyway to fix this?

Also, has anyone found a universal remote that works with this unit?

And last...how in the heck do u hook this model DVDR04 up with a vcr as well? So that you can record with both from the tv?

12. whompus

whompus Active member

Hi lynamgirl
    Check out the ilo/liteon forum here http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7
    We need a few more ladys over there as well especicaly those from here in Al.

There are a few universal remotes that control the unit.

About the fuzzy channels you should not use the tunner on the ilo. Instead use the tunner on your vcr.

To get it connected Go coax out from source (cable box or wall) to coax in on vcr then av out from vcr to the ilo av in on the back then ilo av out to tv av in. When recording set cable to what you want to record vcr to channel 3 or in some cases channel 4 and ilo source will be av2 if connected to back or av 1 if front. I say use the back because some have problems with the front av inputs on the ilo.

To have cable without the vcr and ilo powered on add 2 more coax to the mix. Go with short coax from out on vcr to coax in on ilo and from coax out on ilo to coax in on tv. That will work as passthrough with them off or on.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  13. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

Thanks so much for your help. I am not sure how to go through the tuner on my tv, as I dont believe I have ever used it..but will look. I will also check out your forum that is linked as well...

14. Momof7

Momof7 Member

I scanned through all of these notes about the ilo recorders and I think I may have a unique problem with mine. I bought the ilo DVDR04 from Walmart and ended up returning my first model immediately because we couldn't get it to do anything except say "hello." This one works most of the time except it doesn't do the chapter mark feature (I have it set on 15 minutes and it doesn't mark any at all. It could record the entire 2 hours without doing any chapters at all) and sometimes it doesn't stop when I push the stop button after recording. It will just keep blinking "stop" (and sometimes I've left it over night to see if it will eventually stop and it never does) and I'll have to unplug the machine to get it to stop & then I will have "lost" whatever I just recorded (it's still on the disc but I can't access it at all and the menu just skips it entirely, yet it decreases the time I have left on the disc -- I am not using rerecordable disks, I'm using DVD+R discs). If it does this at the very beginning of a disc then when I turn the machine back on it says "invalid disc" and I have just wasted an entire disc. I'll go for several days recording with it fine and then this glitch will appear for several recordings in a row. I did download & install the firmware, hoping that it would fix this problem, but it didn't. Any ideas?

15. odd1

odd1 Member

from what i recall reading a while back, you shouldn't let it record to the very end; in example, if the dvd+r has 2 hours 11 minutes, it should stop before it "runs out". this may make using the timer useful. if it runs out before it is physically stopped you will not be able to finalize and will end up with a totally useless disc. this came from someone else's experience, not mine and should be taken as second hand food for thought.

16. Momof7

Momof7 Member

But this happens several times throughout a disc. I am recording my home movies so I stop the recording so that there is a chapter break between different events (ie. Christmas 2004, choir concert, etc.) and it is when I try to stop it that this happens. In fact, it happens much more often throughout a disk than it does at the end when it stops by itself and shows "disk full."

17. dwander

dwander Guest

I have spent a couple of weeks with the new smaller DVDR05 from Walmart. So far I am impressed. The remote is less than user friendly but is very usable. The on screen menus are very intuitive and make operation of the '05 easy. There is an clear difference in the tuner used compared to the previous model. The channel change is crisp. I still have the digital anomoly but I can live with it.
    I don't have any feed back on playing pre recorded DVDs since I am only using the record feature for some TV shows that I want to watch later.
    RW Disks recorded on the older DVDR04 (and not finalized) won't cross over and need to be erased if you want to use them again and content is lost, so be sure to finalize those old disks if you are trading up to the '05
    More later as I use it more.
    but for now....if you can ...take the DVDR04 back to Walmart and replace it with the DVDR05

18. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

For those taking back the R04 for a R05, be aware that the R05 CAN NOT be hacked. It is made by Cyberhome, not LiteOn. The available hacks for LiteOn/ILO recorders will not work.

19. motorcycl

motorcycl Member

I have downloaded the firmware up date from Guitarman. What do I do now? What is the next step I need to take? Do I unzip before I put it on DVD disk? I don't want to screw up something that can't be fixed.

Thanks....motorcycl

20. UTOPAI

UTOPAI Member

I am having the same problem as rwanz. I can get the 3 hour to work, but my DVD's wont record to the HDD. Anyone know why?

Thanks