1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILo DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ilohell, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ilohell

ilohell Guest

I too bought the ILO DVD Recorder at Wal-Mart and I am bothered with the following problem during recordings. When converting VHS tapes to DVD, after an indeterminant amount of minutes, it stops recording and it says it is due to "protected document". I am trying to convert my VHS tapes which I bought, to DVD because I am sure that in the near furture, VHS tape recorders/players will no no longer be available to buy. I also got this message with home video VHS tapes!! I know these are not protected by copywright because I made them. It is anoying because I then have to back up the tape player and start a new Title to continue copying. This requires that I be watching the whole process in real time. I can't just start it and come back in 2 hours and copy another tape. Has anyone else had this problem? Need help.

2. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  3. ilohell

ilohell Guest

Thanks Freedom2. Now that I have the files downloaded to my computer, what do I do next? Mak a DVD out of the file and then put the DVD into the Ilo recorder and let it read it?

4. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

well ilohell

are we talking about your Ilo standalone recorder or you Computer??????

don't think once you start recording(if were talking about the ILO standalone) you dont need to stand there and watch it...

but yes it's recorded in real time in otherwords
    if the vhs tape is 120 minutes long well it takes 120 minutes to record it...

you said something about your computer well set me straight............

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  5. adambrann

adambrann Member

ilohell,

Just burn a data CD with the file copied to it. When you place it in the ILO recorder, it will prompt you to do the upgrade. I have added instructions to the firmware download site for the upgrade process using Nero to make the cd, but can be easily followed for another burning software. If you didn't get the latest 1097 version of the firmware, it is posted on the site, both hacked and original.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005