1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDHD04 - upgrade failed... HELPPPP!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by pants100, Feb 21, 2005.

1. pants100

pants100 Member

Damnit! I upgraded the firmware and it went through to 100 then said :Upgrade Failed contact customer servicer for unlock" (or something similar). Now my machine is completely useless and always says "PutInCD" but none of teh buttons are operable - cant even eject the tray. WTF???!

I had a bad feeling I should have left it alone :(

Anyone got any idea how I can get my machine working again?

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Sounds like a corupt firmware flash. By it asking for put in cd it is asking for firmware cd. The problem is you got to get the tray open to do it. You might have luck with powering on the unit and start pushing the eject on front of the ilo not the remote as soon as it starts to power up. If you do get it to open put in a good firmware cd for it to reflash.

3. pants100

pants100 Member

Tried everything - the b*&%^$d thing wont open for love nor money :(

So p'd off at this unit, I only had it a couple of days!!!! At this rate - taking teh thing apart is looking like my "best" option.

What a nightmare.

4. ande1352

ande1352 Member

i'm having the same issue.. can anyone help us please?

5. the-texan

the-texan Member

Had this happen with another liteon product. Would not even turn off. Unpluged the sucker, waited a few minutes, plug back in, then hit eject. It worked. Got fresh firmware, checked disk, burnt, put it in, and all is well now.

6. ande1352

ande1352 Member

i tried unplugging and plugging back in, but that didn't seem to work either. I ended up returning it to walmart for another unit. they took it back no questions asked - even though i didn't have a receipt.

7. pants100

pants100 Member

Yeah well my problem is that I tried the unplug thing - nothing. And as I bought it from ebay and I'm in Canada not the States (it doesnt retail at CDN Walmart!) I'm kinda screwed. So - I need this bloody thing to eject!!!

Any way I can do this manually by taking the sucker apart?

8. whompus

whompus Active member

Well if you are going to take it apart the thing to do would be hook the drive to a computer. The firmware in the set top unit is what has you locked out. So hook it to computer then you will be able to eject the tray. If it is asking for cd while it is locked up make a new firmware disk and have it inside the drive when you hook it up to the set top again.

You might even be able to get it to open by unhooking the data cable and leave power cable hooked to the drive. Then power the unit back up and it may let you eject that way.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  9. pants100

pants100 Member

Yeah I actually tried that (the 2nd idea) and it didnt help. Didnt think of the PC thing tho. Mind you, with the above in mind, is it not likely its a h/w fault? If the firmware has locked me out, surely having the IDE cable unhooked should have gotten around that? Mind you - I did get an ERROR immediately on power up so that may explain it.

Now, if only I could get the damn screws out of the drive. Those things are welded in I'm sure of it!

10. pants100

pants100 Member

OK tried it in the PC - recognised as a LITEON drive but wont eject for love nor money.

Looks like I bought a dud and I cant return it :(