1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilo DVDR-04 Recording Problem

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by c4tone, Mar 6, 2007.

1. c4tone

c4tone Member

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with a recording problem. I recorded from my HD Cablebox onto a blank Sony DVD+R disk and when the recorded program had ended, I did not finalize the disk, just shut off the iLO. The disk sat in the recorder for 2 days before I finally got around to review what had been recorded. When I turn on the iLO, I get the customary message of loading the disk. This mode last for almost 5 minutes then I get a " no disk or disk error" message and the disk will not play.
    I checked the brand new disk I had recorded on and it looks like it has burned data on it. I tried just on prayer to play it in another DVD player but of course it wouldn't, as it was finalized. Normally I'd wouldn't cry about it but The recorded ppv cost me $ 40.00 and I am trying to save it if possible. Please let me know if there is a fix to have my iLO recognize the disk it recorded originally.
    Thanks in advance.

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

While I have a R04 I primarily use Two RHD04 and a LiteOn 5045
    Is the machine hacked? If so can I assume that you have done this before. If Not the machine may have indicated recording, but didn't
    When you say “as it was finalized” do you mean [as it was NOT finalized]
    I have not recorded a PPV program. These programs are usually flagged to prevent a copy to a disk
    It also sounds as though the disk may now be a problem. You might try looking at it in a PC. The files should be in a TS folder and have an extension .VOB
    Do you have a good player installed in the PC

3. c4tone

c4tone Member

Thanks for the response. Yes I have done this before. And yes I meant not finalized. The machine ito my knowledge is not hacked. I purchased it a few years ago and I have only updated the firmware from the ilo offical website. Currently I have no dvd player installed in my pc. Can you recommend one ?

Thanks Again

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The use of the flag to restrict recording to a DVD has increased considerably and may not have caused problems in the past, but is now.
    The disk you used may have had a defect from the beginning
    Way in the past I had a problem with the unit indicating it was recording when it wasn’t Which was my not setting up the unit properly
    Have you had any problems with any recordings lately besides the ppv
    As an example can you record an off air program like a [soap etc.] with no problems.

I would recommend you use a +RW disk as you can erase and reuse it.

My recommending you view the disk in a PC may or may not produce a result. It sounds that the program is lost.
    I have Liteon units in my PC units but there are other opinions as to what is the best for a purpose

Goto these sites for info and other Opinions

http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=1dbdc6b649068ae8f347a186aa019302

http://www.normediasolutions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

HACK THE UNIT
    You can get it and all Info here

http://www.ncc2315.com/ilo/

The Liteon/ilo units have had problems with the DVD drive but that doesn’t mean you have. Liteon made the ilo

The ilo 04 series has been out of production for over a year. It and many, out of production Lieton units can be hacked and the drives can be replaced.
    All my units have replaced DVD drives. The info for doing this and the drives known to work are on the above sites
    !!! Don’t Let The R04 get away from you