1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilo dvdr04 firmware

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by fileguy, Dec 20, 2004.

1. fileguy

fileguy Member

Anyone have the latest dvdr04 firmware that they can post a link or send me? I am having a devil of a time copying vhs because of the macrovision sensitivity...

2. gserve

gserve Member

3. RAPR

RAPR Member

I got the ilodvdro4 and i have messed with quite a bit in the 3 days i've had it. I actually love this thing. I haven't had any problems with it yet (knock on wood). I realized it wouldn't record some old vhs tapes i really wanted to transfer to dvd so I found a quick fix.I am going to buy a SIMA GODVD digital video stabilizer. It gets rid of the copyright protection 100%. At least thats what I am told. It will allow you to copy vhs to dvd, dvd to dvd, etc. I did find a loud hum when recording nfl football from the tv tuner so i routed my ILO thru my vcr and now it sounds perfect. I can also record on my ilo and watch a different program with my vcr at the same time. so far , for the price and the quality i will give this ilo a 9 out of 10. the dvds ive burned with footage from my camcorder and just recording from the tv works on all 4 dvd players i have. it even worked in my audiovox portable dvd player. I watched the sunday night NFL game today at work on my portable that i recorded last night and it looked and sounded excellent.

4. fileguy

fileguy Member

Thanks for the link! After upgrading the firmware this unit copies my tapes rock solid. I also have the 'hum' when using the built-in tuner. It's not extreme but it can be agravating. So anything worth keeping is thru the A/V component ports -- which has no hum I can detect. The unit behaves nicely and is as close to a digital VCR as I've seen. For $140 its hard to complain about the missing stereo tuner.

Now if someone can hack the code so we can have pick up the 3hr recording mode that's been done for LiteOn 5001....

BTW setting it region free worked perfectly.

5. fileguy

fileguy Member

gserve...iLo service emailed me a newer file version than the one posted on your link. File sent was named wmea1097.e20 -- will upgrade and test. Is this your latest upgrade that you are running?

6. gserve

gserve Member

No, I updated with the wmea1095.eso firmware update.This was to address the macrovision sensitivity.Is the file you downloaded for this issue?

7. fileguy

fileguy Member

That was the problem that I reported to them.

8. freaky1

freaky1 Member

I just downloaded and installed the WMEA1097.E20 firmware update. Does this update just relax or completely remove the macrovision from this recorder. I want to know for sure before I purchase the Sima GoDvd to back up these old vhs tapes thats taking up all that room. If someone has tested this firmware update please let me know if you have found that it works to completely remove macrovision. I hope that it does, would like to save that extra money if I at all possible.

Thanks all

9. gserve

gserve Member

Check out the link I posted at the beginning of this thread. I downloaded the hacked version of that file and it removes macrovision completely! and adds 3 hr mode. check it out.

10. freaky1

freaky1 Member

Thanks you, gserve. I downloaded that hack from that link and tested it, works great. Thanks again. That saved me some money.

11. RAPR

RAPR Member

Hey GServe you are my new best friend! I used your link and it worked flawlessly. Now my ILO gets a 10 out of 10. You saved me some money too. I was going to buy a macro killer for $140.00 next week but not now. The 3 hour mode is perfect for movies like braveheart also. But the macro killer code was priceless!! Much thanks buddy!

12. fileguy

fileguy Member

If you are copying from VHS you still have other things to consider. Dropouts and a slow vertical 'crawl' will still occur and can only be removed by a video stabilizer(like GoDVD).

The quality of a copy with/without is noticeable.

But the 3 hr mode(with the hack) is priceless! Let's me put 2 1.5hr tapes on one DVD!!

Check ebay, I paid $30 for my GoDVD...

13. RAPR

RAPR Member

I am a real real picky person. I am all about quality , etc. I recorded my first vhs last night after doing the update from gserve and it looked excellent. Way better than I hoped. And I have high expectations too. I was really impressed. I played the dvd copy in my other dvd players including my portable and it looked and sounded excellent. I looked at my ILO box it came in and it said : manufactured 7/04. Hopefully I got a good batch of ILO's at our walmart. So far it has been near perfect for me. Ever since the download , it does everything i want it to do. Backup my DVD's and my VHS tapes and my camcorder footage. I backedup King Arthur last night also and it worked perfect. No dropouts on the vhs either or fading or anything.

14. gserve

gserve Member

RAPR, I'm glad that the link helped you as it did me. But I do have a few questions. Have you recorded in 6 hr mode for a straight 6 hrs without stopping the recording(with the new firmware hacked upgrade file wmea1097.e20)? I tried this before any firmware upgrade and had the recording fail. After the first firmware upgrade(wmea1095.eso) I tried it again and it recorded alright but after a few hours the video and audio were out of sync. Note: the first recording I used the timer setting the second time I did not. So the question I have is did the hacked wmea1097.e20 firmware fix this issue or have you not tried this yet. Please let me know because I have 6hr VHS family tapes that I would like to record in one 6 hr session.Also what do you mean by drop out? audio drop out? The vertical lines I have not seen. Any info please. Thanks

15. fileguy

fileguy Member

RAPR -- The dropouts, skips, jumps, etc occur when you are recording older tapes(>5 yrs) and the results vary quite a bit due to the original/current VHS recorder. It has everything to do with the fact that tapes dont stay magnetized forever....

I have over 200 various tapes being converted to DVD and the iLo is perfect for my needs as well. I have seen everything from perfect copies without GoDVD to absolutely needing GoDVD. Just depends on your particulars....

If you do need GoDVD tho, $30 on ebay is a lot easier to swallow than $140 retail.....

GSERVE. Have also seen problems with sessions not closing. With my unit if I start recording and walk away, it wont autostop at 6hrs. It does for 1,2,4 tho.

16. Rey2609

Rey2609 Guest

Hi to all.
    This is my first comment and I want to share myexperinces installing the new firmware (alternate)
    1- Installed the 1097, and at the end I got the message the installation failed, contact customer support.
    2- Turnoff and on again the DVR and it requested a CD, I put then the 1095 and almost instantly I received the message "DONE"
    Since then I now can backed up my old invaluable VHS collection w/o any problem.
    Thank you for the tips and links

17. RAPR

RAPR Member

I haven't tried 6 hour mode yet. Only 2 and 4. I figured 6 hour would frustrate me. I have 6 hour home videos I need to record also. I figured I try this weekend and let you know. I did have the ILO shut down on me once , but that was because the sleep timer was set and 120 minutes. I turned it to off and have had no problem since. Again I only recorded 4 hours straight of tv programs. I haven't seen any vertical lines or anything or stuff out of sync. I did notice last night as I was watching Father of the Pride that it had something in the background like another signal from another channel going thru it. I switched it off the ILO and Father of the looked fine then. Weird. I think I will go ahead and get a GODVD and see if it clears odds and ends up. I'll let you know things as I encounter them. Thanks for all the feedback. This forum is awesome. It's a good way for all of us to help each other out and give each other tips to better our recordings. Tips and tricks are much appreciated!!

18. adambrann

adambrann Member

A new firmware for the HD04 is due out this week. When it is released, I will post it to my firmware page. I am glad everyone is finding the firmware site useful since ILO is very flakey on updating theirs.

19. martw

martw Member

Maybe somebody can help me on this...I went to the website downloaded the firmware upgrade for my recorder: WMEA1097.e20 and copied it to a CD-R then put it in the recorder....On the monitor it said reading then CD Data then on the faceplate of the recorder it said FILE then on the monitor it turned to the blue screen logo...Is that it? Is there anything I should do? What does this firmware upgrade do? HELP...

20. gserve

gserve Member

You need to put the ilo in DVD mode with the source button first then insert the CD-R disk.