1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by adambrann, Jan 5, 2005.

1. whompus

whompus Active member

Firmware version is in the same sn where you find what burner is in the unit. [​IMG] The g2bc means this has 451s drive the 0097 before g2bc means it has 1097 firmware in it. So your unit has b20x where x is a letter or number the 4 numbers before that is the firmware version. With manf date of jan 05 you probably have 1097 firmware because it was released by ilo on jan 1st. March 14 1098 was released. If your unit does show 0097 you have the new drive firmware. The 1098 that will show as 0098 is system only update so is for both.

2. ljmiller

ljmiller Guest

Thanks, mine is 4E01-1840-0097-B207 (101-010D), so it does have the 1097 firmware in it. I had been looking for several days before I bought mine, but never saw this explanation about the serial number and what it means. What does the numbers in the parenthesis mean? Maybe it doesn't mean anything that I should be concerned about, but just interested.
    REV. I see now that Gtrman had already answered the Firmware revision question on April 7th, but I overlooked it. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2005
  3. whompus

whompus Active member

I am sure the ones in parenthesis has some meaning. Far be it from me as to what it is unless it is some form of revision build code. I dont think they are to important to us end users though.

4. OurToys

OurToys Guest

Hello Members,

I am a newbie to Forums and DVD Recorders. I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this Forum for providing interesting and useful information about iLO and LiteOn DVD Recorders.

I would like to especially thank Guitarman for his contributions and congratulate him on his fantastic Web Site. I have successfully updated the Firmware on my iLO DVDR04 to 1098B (Hacked). I downloaded Mr. Wizard's hacking tool from Guitarman's Web Site and ran it on the latest Firmware for my LiteOn LVW-5045 Recorder. The upgrade works perfectly on the LiteOn LVW-5045. Thank you, Mr. Wizard.

I also have the Daytek DVR P30 DVD Recorder. I would like to upgrade the Firmware on this DVD Recorder. Daytek does not post a firmware upgrade on their Canadian Web Site. Does anyone know where I can find the Firmware file for this Recorder? My SN is: 4901-1140-0900-G2B9(100-010B). This unit has the familiar LiteOn / iLO SetUp Screen and Menus. I suspect it is a re-branded LiteOn manufactured Recorder.

I would appreciate any suggestions for upgrading the Firmware on the Daytek DVR P30 to disable M/V and add LP 3 hour mode. The already unit has the hidden feature to set Region Free which I have set to Region Free.

Thanking everyone in advance.

5. rayj28

rayj28 Member

Does anyone have a remote for the Ilo DVDRO4 for sale? Or does any universals work with it? Thanks

6. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1195 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. There are also CD images for the hacked version in both Nero (.nrg) and Standard (.iso) formats.

Update Info:
    Version: 1195
    Filename: WMJA1195.D22
    Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
    Fixes: Unknown

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  7. esejamie

esejamie Member

I have a LiteOn 5005 and it has that picture shake/jitter problem. It also had the green tint trouble but I just updated the firmware and that seemed to help the problem. But the picture is still randomly twitching. I was hoping the new firmware would fix it but it's still not how it should be. I've looked around for info about this and I read that if you downgrade to the 1143 firmware this might fix it. I looked around for somewhere to d/l 1143 but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if this would fix the problem, if there is anywhere to d/l the file, and also if I downgraded would this make the green tint problem come back? I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

8. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

To All 5045 users

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new 5045 197 (US) and 196 (EU & UK) firmware update. They are all hacked versions.

To get to them, go to the main page and click on "Other Helpful Information and Links" to get to the 5045 download page.

9. ydkjman

ydkjman Member

The 1195 firmware update continues to carry the green tint fix as well as the cd isue correct ?

Also if your last update was the 1191 doing an install of the 1195 would be all right correct ?

10. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

ydkjman,

Yes, the new update carries the same fixes as 1194Beta. It also includes a drive update so there is no need to use a previous version w/ drive update first. It can be installed alone.

11. audmkamp

audmkamp Member

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but what firmware upgrade do I need in order for my R04 to stop locking up when playing the newest DVDs? (I assume there's some new encryption it cannot read.) I did upgrade to the 0097 unhacked version. Thus far I've been unsuccessful in getting the 98RevB version to work. Would this 98 version solve my problem or is this something that has yet to be fixed?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

12. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

audmkamp,

Yes, you will need to update to the 1098 firmware for the ARCCOS protected DVD compatibility. I have very detailed instructions on my site for doing the upgrade that will assure 99% success.

13. Deb-GA

Deb-GA Member

Gtrman,
    I don't understand what the CD images are for that you show on the download page that go with the hacked version. Are they required in order to get the hacked firmware to work? If so, how to I load the image since the firmware file is suppose to be on a cd by itself?
    Thanks,
    Deb

14. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

Deb-GA,

The CD images are to use with software that will write an ISO image to a disc. The images are the complete CD in file form. The ISO image is for use with most CD software that will write an ISO image to disc. The NRG image is for Nero. If you write an image to the disc, you will end up with a CD that has the hacked firmware file on it already.

If you have software to write ISO images (Roxio, Nero, etc), it takes away the need to download the firmware file and burn it properly to the CD. The ISO image will give you a CD that has the proper hacked file, properly burned and disc finalized, all in one shot.

15. goku3319

goku3319 Member

I have a question about the latest Green Tint patch with the macrovision disabling. I installed the patch and now my LCD display flickers randomly. It happens every 10 seconds or so, then flickers for a couple of seconds then stops. I have the model R04 model with serial number
    for serial number 4E01-184x-xxxx-G2Bx. I didn't have this problem with the hacked 1098 upgrade. Only when I installed the hacked Green Tint patch.

How do I do a downgrade safely? I'm not familiar with flashing firmware and don't want to screw up something by accident. Can I downgrade back to upgrade 1097 and start from scratch again?

16. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

goku3319,

You can downgrade to any version at any time. Try downgrading to 1098RevA and see what happens but you will be left with the green tint again.

17. motoXer

motoXer Member

OK gtrman, I'm trying to download the 1097 451S hacked firmware upgrade. I think the problem is that I am burning the CD incorrectly. How do you go about saving the file to the cd? Do you right-click the icon and then save it, or what? Or do you just save it to your PC, and then burn it to a cd? I don't know if this helps or not, but when I insert the disk, it says data disk, and the LED display says "file".

18. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

motoXer,

I have very detailed instructions on my site for doing the upgrade that will assure 99% success. Just make sure to follow the steps in order.

19. motoXer

motoXer Member

gtrman,
    I followed the instructions on your site, and made a CD. When I put it in, it seemed to load up, but the screen just went black, and nothing happened.

20. goku3319

goku3319 Member

gtrman,

I tried to downgrade all the way down to original.. unhacked 1097. The LED display still flickers. It seems to have been caused by 1098B installation. It won't go away :\ It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Burner works just fine.

Any more suggestions? I even tried powering system off from wall.

Thanks.