1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR04 QUESTIONS!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by wilco75, Jan 6, 2005.

1. wilco75

wilco75 Member

My first question is, what kind of disc was it that came free with the dvd recorder?? it seems to work well on all my
    dvd players! i like to know the brand or
    what's the best that works with ilo? 2nd
    i just have a basic dvd recorder hook up
    to my vcr to transfer vhs to dvd seems to work great, but i did have some problems
    when i tried to transfer a reguler movie
    it was 2hrs and it stopped at 135 but the
    first time i was scared so i tried to tape
    a two and a half hour program i set it at
    4hrs and it worked i used the remaing time and taped a hour program and it taped it all so i was happy, last night i did the
    hack thing and it's now region free i haven't retaped that movie yet so i wonder if it would work now since i used the hack code? and finally i can't do the other hack cause i'm on a crappy webtv and i can't download discs or firmware, which just sucks big time, sorry if this is a long post but i'm new at this and it's so confusing!!!! thanks..

2. JayDW

JayDW Member

Hey Wilco.

Newbie here as well, but can probably answer some of your questions.

In regards to the disc you are talking about, it is a CD-RW disc that is included. The brand as far as I know is unknown. Has worked for me as well. The DVD's I purchased were Memorex CD+R's and have had NO ISSUES AT ALL. I know the website advises you to use the ones listed on there, but the Memorex's work fine and are $12.99 for 25 of them at Best Buy, which is as good a deal as I've seen.

Do yourself a favor and beg borrow or plead with someone you know who has a computer to burn the (Disabled Macrovision/3 Hour Mode) hack onto disc. It makes the player 10 times better.

You have for the money in my opinion the best player. With the hack, it makes a good machine great. Trust me you need to get the hack because then recording DVD to DVD becomes a breeze.

Hope this helps!!

3. wilco75

wilco75 Member

Thanks alot for the help, i needed all the info i can get, now i suppose the next challenge is to find someone who does have a good computer, my friends
    have crappy computers too lol..i guess
    i'll do some searching..again thanks for the info!

4. Jason911

Jason911 Member

I just went to Walmart and Ilo has thier own disc brand their for sale,I tryed Memorex's and they wouldn't work on mine just says disc failed.
    So I bought the ilo ones and they work great

5. wilco75

wilco75 Member

hey thanks jason for the info, when i bought this recorder i onley found memorex at the time but the wal mart i
    have is a small town one and usally they
    have limited items first come first serve i guess until they restock which takes forever lol, i'm still looking for someone that might help burn me a disc so
    i can get lp mode, i have webtv and it sucks with no way to burn discs etc.
    thanks, again

6. Jason911

Jason911 Member

Where do you live? Maybe I can help

7. wilco75

wilco75 Member

i live in the town of porum,oklahoma
    i'd apreciate any help!

8. wilco75

wilco75 Member

btw, i did try memorex and it worked on the ilo recorder when played back but when i played it on other dvd players it said "no disc"? and i did finalize it too
    not sure what happened but ilo customer service sent me a email and it mentioned memorex but the next person from ilo said they wouldn't work with the ilo player?
    confusing lol

9. JayDW

JayDW Member

Just to reply. My Memorex's play in the ilo player itself. They also play on my 7 inch portable initial dvd player, my playstation 2 and a 3 year old Sony DVD Player (not sure of model #). Either way, they have worked everywhere I've needed them to. BTW, how much are the ilo DVD+R's????

10. JayDW

JayDW Member

BTW Wilco, if you'd like I can send you a copy of the software. If I were in your position I'd be pretty frustrated too. Send me an email at JDeWilkins@yahoo.com if you still need it.