1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilo DVDR04 recorder - Premature Stop recording

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by priceb, Dec 31, 2004.

1. priceb

priceb Member

On my 1st attempt to record a homemade VHS tape (recorded from my 8mm camcorder), to a Memorex DVD+R disc, recording did occur for a period of time, but mid-way through the process, the recorder stopped recording, saying that the material was "copy protected", or something like that. After finally getting the disc out of the recorder and then back in, it would then again record for a while, then do the same thing. Then, when trying to "finalize" what had been recorded, it said "invalid disc".

Anyone experience this, or have any ideas on what type of problem this is? Could it be hookup, bad recorder, incompatible disc, etc.?

thanks in advance for any feedback.

{Ilo website has not responded in 4 days.}

2. gserve

gserve Member

First off you can only record to DVD+R only once and then you finalize it. If your using DVD+RW then you can record more than once. The other problem needs a firmware update to fix.Look at the other ilo treads in this forum or look for any topic I have been in.The link for these firmware updates is in these threads.

3. priceb

priceb Member

I am aware of the DVD+R only being used once. This was the 1st recording attempt upon hooking up the recorder. When it stopped recording what wasn't a copy protected tape before the tape was finished, I figured the disc to be unusable from that point, and then tried the finalize feature to see if anything had been recorded at all.

4. adambrann

adambrann Member

I have set up a page with the different DVDR04/HD04 firmware files for download. The link is next to my signature at the bottom of this post. Is had hacked firmware for the non HDD model to disable Macrovision and add the LP 3-hour mode. This should take care of your problem.

Also you CAN record multiple programs at different times to a DVD+R if you DO NOT finalized the disc after each recording, but once finalized, you can't add anymore and it will make it playable in other players. The DVD+RW doesn't need to be finalized to view on other players and can be erased and used over.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page
    http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005