1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iLo DVDR04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by gserve, Nov 7, 2004.

1. gserve

gserve Member

I would try another brand on the list and see what happens.When you recorded to the DVD+R disk at the end of the recording did you have a problem with it hanging at the stopping screen?

2. awalker32

awalker32 Member

No I didn't have any hangups at the stop screen. It would allow me to enter the menu for playback/record/erase/finalize. When I go to the playback screen it tries loading the disk. This goes on for about a minute and then it says fail, enter new disk. So everything seems fine until I try to play the file. If I turn off the player and try reloading the disk, it doesn't work. But, the DVD+RW works just fine. Thanks!

3. ilojones

ilojones Member

My Ilo sometimes hangs at the stop screen. Like I wrote in my other thread, I then end up with an invalid disk. Anyway to save these invalid disks?

4. gserve

gserve Member

Mine has also hung at the stop screen only using SLP mode to record a long session(over 4 hours).There is no way I know of to save what was recorded.Of course you can use the disk to record again(DVD+RW).I do not know about DVD+R because I have not had a write fail using DVD+R.

5. gserve

gserve Member

Mine has also hung at the stop screen only using SLP mode to record a long session(over 4 hours).There is no way I know of to save what was recorded.Of course you can use the disk to record again(DVD+RW).I do not know about DVD+R because I have not had a write fail using DVD+R.

6. gserve

gserve Member

7. ilojones

ilojones Member

For me it happened twice, both times with an Imation dvd+r. The other brand I have us Maxell, with no problems with those yet. The only dvd+rw i've used is the one that comes with the recorder. I hope this doesn't happen very often. Anyone else had this problem?

8. awalker32

awalker32 Member

Okay I bought a new brand of DVD+R disks, which are Hewlett Packard, and they still won't record on the player. I also bought HP DVD+RW disks and they work fine. For some reason my player will not record on +R disks. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I take the player back and exchange it? Thank you :)

9. ilojones

ilojones Member

It might not hurt to exchange it. Mine works fine with dvd+r, except when it occasionally hangs and gives me an invalid disk. However, this has only happened twice. I use +r all the time, they are cheaper.

10. sqd

sqd Member

Does anyone else have S-Video choice under setup, system, video?

I do not have that choice although in the manual it says I should.

Also when recording off tv tuner I get just a bit of background static. Anyone else seeing/hearing this?

BTW this is the ilo DVDR04 model.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  11. gserve

gserve Member

No.The only choices are component and progressive.

12. sqd

sqd Member

Ok..thanks.

13. gserve

gserve Member

Forgot to mention that the tuner thing is a common thing. Mine does the same thing. It only has a mono tuner. If you want a better TV recording use your VCR's stereo tuner through the back inputs instead.

14. sqd

sqd Member

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

I did note that on playback I did not hear the static.

15. raymonk

raymonk Member

Hello,

I have recently purchased a DVDR04 and I am having difficulty receiving output from my computer via s-video. When the computer reboots, I can see the boot sequence and everything, but once I get to the login screen, the output is black. I am using an Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 on Win 2k Server OS.. Thanks for any help and suggestions!

16. sspearman

sspearman Member

I've had my ILO DVDR04 for about a week and was doing extensive transfer of DV tapes to DVD. It was working pretty well with maybe a 10% fail rate when suddenly it is failing 90% of the time. It almost always fails on the STOP key where it just keeps blinking and hangs. Once in a while I'll see an actual disk write error. Now this all happened about the time I ran out of my original CD-R's but I've now tried 6 (!) different brands including Memorex, Verbatim, Imation, Khypemedia, CompUSA and a couple I'm forgetting and seeing the same thing. Does this sound like infant mortality and time to exchange at Walmart? I'm beginning to think so. Also, I haven't seen anyone indicate if getting the newer 8x model (mine is the older 4x) helps in DVD compatibility - anyone know? Thanks!

17. JasonM79

JasonM79 Member

I have a Question. Does it do comercial skip??.. my vcr records tv shows, then when its done, it rewinds, marks comercials, then stops at the end of the show for the next recording, or I turn it on, and it rewinds to the start. Does this do comercial skip?? that would be awsome..

18. sspearman

sspearman Member

No, nothing fancy like commercial skip. There is some ability to go in and add chapter markings but it would have to be a manual process....

19. JasonM79

JasonM79 Member

could you set it to put a marker about every 2-4 minutes?
    really wish they would program a comercial skip.

20. JasonM79

JasonM79 Member

does it do an index mark automaticly, about every 2-4 mins??. or can you fast forward through comercials..