1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iLo DVDR04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by gserve, Nov 7, 2004.

1. sspearman

sspearman Member

Yes, you can set the number of minutes you want to use for chaptering. And there is a commercial skip on your remote but it just skips forward a predetermined amount of time during playback I believe...

2. tomc585

tomc585 Member

Just got the ILO-DVDR04 ($138 at WallyWorld). Works great out of the box. Was hoping to get the one with the 8X drive but got stuck with the 4X. I Did the Region/Macrovision/3HR hack perfectly. I am bumbed about the inability to write to media other than DvD+R and +RW. Be nice if there was firmware to change this. I noticed that some are saying that this unit is simular or the same as the Lite-On 5005. Lite-On makes them for Wally and calls them ILO? Is this true? Can we use the firmware from that unit to change the write capabilities? I was considering exchanging for the 5005, but I really like the look of this ILO unit better. Any thoughts?

3. zagloba

zagloba Member

Has anyone used the hacked firmware for the iLo DVDR4 on a Liteon 5101? The Hacker program listed by guitarman did not work on the latest frimware LNMA1030.D20 from liteon. Any info would be appreciated. Z.

4. tomc585

tomc585 Member

I thought the twin to the DVDR04 was the 5001.

5. tomc585

tomc585 Member

Wow!This is getting habit forming. Now I think I would like to get the Lite-On 5045. To bad its not sold locally. Best price online so far is $368 with shipping. CompUSA wants $465 to order it (ouch).

6. ilojones

ilojones Member

How do you tell if you have a 4x or 8x ilo dvd04?

7. whompus

whompus Active member

Hit setup. Then look at sn. Looks like [​IMG]
    If yours end in B20x where that pix show G2BC(the x = a number or letter) it is 8x. On the dvdr04 it wouldnt matter as it only record in realtime anyway. The only way it would matter is for the hdd model for transfer from hdd to dvd.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  8. tgotti

tgotti Member

How this one work with chaptering?
    Is it decent i found a couple that wont even chapter so if you record music videos or shows u have to fast forward, just want to know if this one allow you to just hit NEXT to go to the show of video you want.
    Thanks.

9. gserve

gserve Member

You can set chapter marks from 5 to 30 min and press the next button and it will jump to the time you set.