1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR05 Anyone bought one yet???

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by teleho, May 20, 2005.

1. Donnelle

Donnelle Member

I seen that Magnavox VCR, DVD combo at Walmart. I thought about buying that. At least I could get my VHS tapes all on DVD. But I have weekly shows that I used my JUNKIE Ilo to record, of course I can't use that Ilo anymore to do that. I'm going to buy that Magnavox combo and see what happens. I think I could trust that brand more than Ilo. When I seen it last month it was $114.00. That is in Indianapolis, IN. Not sure how much it sells for anywhere else. Anyone else ever besides "GooberSB" buy that before? Have you had good luck w/ it?

Thanks - Donnelle

2. I_H8_ILO

I_H8_ILO Member

I think we should consider a class-action suit against Wal-Mart for these defective ILO pieces of crap! The company that made the DVDR05 is out of business.

My latest issues are: Disk Recognition and Feedback noise

I have had the av inputs connected exactly the same way since DAY ONE. All of a sudden, when I want to record a program, I get this hideous feedback/interference noise that nearly drowns out the audio. Anyone else experience that? I've tried every trouble shooting tip on the web to no avail.

Disk recognition - driving me NUTS! I have to open and close about 10 times for the damned thing to recognize the dvd. Once I get it recognized, it seems to work fine, with the exception of the above issue.

3. Donnelle

Donnelle Member

Yeah, I have the same issues of the "no disc" error still. I have to open and close it for about 20 times and only sometimes does that work. Also the noise, I hear that too, after I burn the DVD and put it back in to watch it, it's a big difference in the background noise. I also have had the av inputs in the same way since day 1. I agree about the class action suit, but since they are out of business it wouldn't do any good. At least they took them off the shelves. I'm going to soon buy the Magnavox VCR/DVD combo. Right now here at a walmart close to me, it is $114.00, so we'll see what happens with that.

4. revjwl

revjwl Member

Just a quick Note For those of you that Have the dvdr05mu1 it seems there is no hacks so no getting around macrovision with out the aid of yet another device in the mix... hmmm....Wrong Wrong wrong I stumbled on to this way by mistake a few days ago....by using the tuner hooked up to another A VCR vcr=coax out Ilo=coax in you can i repeat YOU CAN RECORD VHS THAT HAVE MACROVISION
    now I dont use the tunner for regular over the air or cable recordings so you may have to jsust try and see as a side note I have had my ilo for over a year and knock on wood no problems so why am i here....I mostly come to the other after dawn forums for other info and accidently stumbled in the door, god bless

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  5. martinv2

martinv2 Member

My Ilo dvdr05 burned about 5 dvds working dvds. Now it doesnt even play brand new dvd movies!. I get a "no disc" error after it tries to read it for a min.

$100 to record a few tv shows is not a good deal.

6. ilodvdr05

ilodvdr05 Member

7. bibbit

bibbit Member

Hi does anyone know how to set the clock on this darned thing? We've been looking for something to do it for over an hour and feel really dumb, because we just know it's got to be there!

8. bibbit

bibbit Member

This link is to a webhost ad page.