1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR05 Problem Fix

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ilodvdr05, Jan 9, 2007.

1. ilodvdr05

ilodvdr05 Member

I been seeing a lot of people having problems with this dvdr. I've taken a look at a few and the components of the power supply are at fault. This poor design leads to many malfunctions like: DVD tray won't open, Squealing or winy noises when turned on, Power won't come on, Screen freezes, Screen turns different colors, DVD NO BURNS, No disc errors, plus more.
    I've made a webpage explaining how to fix the power supply your self.
    http://www.ilodvdr05.computed.net/
    If yours is working get it away from the heat, like other VCRs or Top of TV this little thing can't handle much heat.

2. jda37219

jda37219 Member

thanks for the helpful page.

i have a dvdr5 that won't power up.

i can't justify spending 30-40 dollars to have it fixed

what do you suggest

3. ilodvdr05

ilodvdr05 Member

Your supose to use the information to try and fix it yourself.
    Replacement parts are really cheap, you might even be able to get them at radio shack, or take them from an old vcr, car amp, or computer board. It's important you check the values of the used parts you use cause most capacitors don't all have the same values.
    http://www.ilodvdr05.computed.net/to_read_the_numbers_on_capacitor.htm
    If your luckly and the parts match closly you could fix it for free or it might cost 3.00 to 5.00 to get new parts. I will also anwser your questions best I can, and might add information to the site as needed. I have to charge what I charge, sorry, got overhead but for 25.00 I fix it and ship it back to you guaranteed to work.
    Best advice I can give if you do it your self is "just take your time".

4. jda37219

jda37219 Member

i understand about your prices, i'm not complaining.

I'll have to buy a sodering iron etc and the parts, then spend the time fixing it etc.

i looked at the prices on ebay thinking i could sell it but the shipping is atleast 15 dollars, plus ebay costs etc.

there were some working units on there for like 30 dollars etc..

oh well, let me figure this out, i think i'm just gonna give it back to walmart and write them a letter about my ordeal.

5. ilodvdr05

ilodvdr05 Member