1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDRHD04 DVD Recorder Problems

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by SLT, Jan 1, 2005.

1. SLT

SLT Member

I recently purchased the ILO DVDRHD04 DVD recorder with harddrive and am having nothing but trouble with it. I've seen where many people are taking it back but I would really like to get it to work correctly. I have downloaded the latest firmware from the ILO website but still having problems such as dropping audio and audio that is delayed for a couple seconds when recording to the harddrive. Also, I've never been able to get anything to record to DVD+R...only the harddrive and DVD+RW. Any help would be appreciated.

2. adambrann

adambrann Member

I have set up a page with the different DVDR04/HD04 firmware files for download. The link is next to my signature at the bottom of this post.

ILO is to be releasing a new firmware upgrade this week to take care of these issues. As soon as they do, I will have it posted on my site. I hope this helps.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page
    http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/

3. SLT

SLT Member

Thanks for the info...I have previously look at your page by reading other postings and tried the firmware files but I had drop back so that I wouldn't have the audio sync problem. It also keeps locking up when using FF from the harddrive. Hope the newest firmware fixes the problem. If ILO doesn't release the fix this week, my HD04 will go back to Wal-Mart. Thanks again.

4. bobio259

bobio259 Member

I bought an ilo 80gig unit - DVDRHD04 - and already took it back. It has great features, but I have been introduced to other HDD devices in the past. The biggest problem with this unit is that you can only do one thing at a time. If you are recording, you cannot pause live-tv. If you are pausing live-tv, you cannot record. You cannot record something and watch something previously recorded at the same time. ILO needs to get more user freindly and allow more functionality.

5. jeffrouse

jeffrouse Member

My ILO DVDR04...its going back to Wal-Mart. I took my first one back because there was a dent in it. 2nd one is going back because there is a constant humming sound, its not that loud, but I don't want it. Won't get this brand again...also, there is only a 90 day warranty...not good enough. Wal-Mart takes it back within 30 days. Its gonna happen tomorrow night!!