1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilo dvr04 stopping problem

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by doniam16, Mar 13, 2005.

1. doniam16

doniam16 Guest

This stopping problem seems to be very prevelant in this forum. Ive had two out of four hangs today. After investing the 2 hrs recording, its annoying to have a destroyed dvd+r and have to try again.

Is there a workaround for this? Is Lite On aware of this? My unit is a week old and Ive loaded the 3-11-05 firmware upgrade.

2. sspearman

sspearman Member

I reported the stopping problem to them on their website over a month ago (no reply). Also had it included on the input that was coordinated to ILO. Are you seeing the stop's primarily when using a DV input? Otherwise, they may be related to what DVD brand you're using also....

3. doniam16

doniam16 Guest

Ive tried several different disks, including +R and RW+R and had the problem. Been transferring from VHS tapes. Once its in this mode, it won't even respond to a manual stop after a short burn. It seems to happen after recording for a long period. Im using the avi1 front input. It seems the RW can be erased after the problem occurs. Im tryin a recording using the timer now to see if that helps.

4. sspearman

sspearman Member

I've also seen issues with longer recordings being more likely to have the "stuck stop" issue. But I see it much more rarely on the AV inputs than the DV inputs. might try breaking it up into manual sections (via stop and re-start the tape and recording). Also remember that the front AV inputs have some noise issues.

5. choi888

choi888 Member

I have the same problem transferring 8mm tape using the 2 hour SP mode and AV1 or AV2 ports. I have 2 out of 22 tapes that have this problem. It does not mtter what brand of DVD+R or DVD+RW I use (even the ones recommended by ILO web site.). These 2 tapes will cause the ILO DVDR04 to lock up in the middle of recording. If you press STOP, the front panel will just flash "STOP" forever. The only way to wotk around this is to use the 3 hour LP mode which I have 100% succes rate. Looks like this ILO recorder has problem with higher bit rates or it is very sensitive to the video data. For these 2 8mm tapes, there are a lot of noise (streaks of black and white) between scenes and I think they are causing the ILO to lock up.

6. sspearman

sspearman Member

Glad to hear someone else has seen this too. Please do file a report on ILO's website tech support (though they have never replied to mine). I've simply switched to the AV inputs on the few tapes that display this problem as a work-around.

7. sspearman

sspearman Member

OK, just read that post about 8mm more closely and I see you say it happened on AV inputs? Mine was always on the DV inputs and using the AV seemed to work around it (though the flashing stop still occurs seemingly randomly - maybe 5 or 10% of the DVD's I try to make from tape).

8. doniam16

doniam16 Guest

Ive recorded to r/w dvd and then coped on my PC to dvd to get around this on tapes that do this. I use the timer to set a 2hr window. This also seems to help.