1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gtrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

It may have something to do with region free. Use the remote region code to set the recorder back to region 1 and see if the guide starts working again. Go to setup, highlight exit (don't press enter), press 2, 9, 6, 0 on the keypad (again do not press enter). A new region settings screen will pop up. Reset the recorder to region 1.

2. wipron

wipron Member

I installed the hacked firmware on my liteon lvw-5007 and it works great. My question is, I have noticed on the liteon home page that there is a new update for this model. Should I download it and use it, or not?? Thanks!!

3. mbhiggin

mbhiggin Guest

Has anyone tried to upgrade a unit by adding a hard drive to the unit?
    I have the LVW-511GHC+, DVD drive only.
    Thanks!!

4. jimmy5446

jimmy5446 Member

Gtrman, I recently purchased the liteon lvw 5115ghc+ do you happen to have any hacks for this model yet? I picked it up at costco for $89. If you have any feedback on this recorder I would love to hear.

5. mbhiggin

mbhiggin Guest

6. KimTx

KimTx Guest

I thought I would add to this thread. I recently bought a LiteOn 5005A. I installed the hack firmware. It worked sort of. I do have the 3 hour mode and it's now region free, but the macrovision was not disabled for some reason. Just thought I'd share that.

7. shass

shass Member

I was going to try the ilo/liteon hack on my LVW-1101H. Two questions though --

Did KimTx ever get macrovision disabled? That part seemed not to work for her.

The instructions say to make a data disk on a CD-R. Will a CD-RW work?

8. shass

shass Member

I did the hack at ilohacker.tripod.com, but macrovision is still there. It was on a LVW-1101HC1. After the update, the serial number changed from (1U6x-0201) to (U06x-0201). Any help?

9. chuckieh

chuckieh Member

Has anyone verified that you can hack the Liteon 1101HC1?

Tx,

Chuck

10. shass

shass Member

11. Festafari

Festafari Member

I have a liteon 1106hc. I cant seem to find firmware that will work. any help would be very appreciated.
    Thanks!

12. noobE

noobE Member

Gtrman, I have a question. I downloaded and followed all the instructions in order to disable Macrovision and do the region free thing but my Lite-On LWV-1101HC1 still won't budge with the Macro and the hack also said it could'nt find the checksum for the LP mode, so now I'm stuck. Does this hack just not work for this model? Is it possible that Lite-on could've made the newest firmware for this model anti-hackable? I just don't know what to do now I was looking forward to backing up some old flicks( Both old worn out VHS and beyond repair but still somewhat playable DVD's) any suggestions?

13. addavis

addavis Guest

Gtrman, I need your help again. I upgraded and changed the region code back to 1 as we discussed in earlier conversations. Now the darned thing is turning my DVD RW's into coasters! I put one in that I know works with this machine and it says it is "preparing" then it pops it out and says it's a DVD. It's like it is finalizing every one I put in. This is costing me a fortune trying to figure out. Any ideas? I have even re installed the original software and it still does it. Hubby is so frustrated he wants to toss it out in the snow. Please help asap before he does. Thanks.

14. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

The 1101, I think, already has 3 hour mode, therefore the code the hacker is looking for doesn't exsist. As far as MV, most newer LiteOn recorders and most newer firmware (after 098)for older LiteOn recorders will not hack. Something in the firmware code has been changed after 098 that will not allow the MV code change to work. This is why most are using the newer firmware to update the drive but backflashing to 098 to regain the hacks.

15. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

What recorder is it you are using and what firmware version?? The region code change should not make this happen. Did you try putting the region code back to 0? You may need to remove the DVD drive, put it in your computer and find a compatible firmware for the drive and reflash it. Also, try installing an older firmware update on the recorder to see if it goes away. If so, reflash it with the newer firmware again to see if it takes ok.

16. Chesterto

Chesterto Guest

<b>This is why most are using the newer firmware to update the drive but backflashing to 098 to regain the hacks.</b>

Oops, I'm a n00b here and accidentally replied privately. Here's the public post:

Thanks for all of the work you;ve done on this. I hope it isn't the end of the roaqd for LiteOn hacks.

Can you point us to instructions for "backflashing to 098?" I used the hack on a LiteOn 5005 but upgraded beyond 098, so the MV hack didn't take.

Thanks again.

17. addavis

addavis Guest

It's the LVW5007 with the 098 version. I've been in and out on this thread for months now. At this point I don't even care if it will back up a dvd as long as I can record our shows that come on late at night without glitches & freezing up or preparing a dvdrw into a dvd coaster.

18. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

Usually all you have to do is put in an older firmware CD and it will work. Sometimes it's stubborn!! The best thing is to do a system reset/restore from the setup menu before trying the backflash. This will reset the system to a good starting point. If it doesn't work, try placing the disc in the drive, turn off the recorder, wait a minute or so and turn the recorder back on. Usually it will see the firmware disc and prompt to start the update. Keep trying. Sometimes it takes a few trys before the machine gets tired of fighting you and gives in!!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  19. lpestrada

lpestrada Member

I have had good results transfering VHS to DVD with my new 5005. Now ready to solve the MV block. Liteon site gave me the latest firmware for my SN, LNFA1101.ESO, that I hacked with ILOHack1.5. Ran the restore on the 5005 and confirmed that the 3 hour fix was in and that the all regions were available. But I could not burn MV protected material. So I tried to downgrade to 1098 with no success. Just showed FILE and reverted back to the previous firmware. Has anyone else had any luck hacking and running LNFA1101.ESO? Or, getting a downgrade to a hackable firmware version to work on a 5005. My unit was mfg Oct 2005 with SN 0102-1140-0101-G2BD (100-010B). Would appreciate any help.

20. Mageddon

Mageddon Member

Pardon my newness, but why cant you circumvent macrovision by just using an old vcr which doesnt support it?

That was my method in the vhs to vhs days.

Yeah, just grab an old one from a pawn shop or your grandmother.

Unless i'm totally missing something here.

Oh.

Also, being that some of the lite-on dvd recorders have firewire dv ports...

It's not possible to connect it to your pc to use it as a dvd burner is it?

Flame away.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006