1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gtrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. m4p

m4p Member

Do you know if this works on DVD's, or just for VHS? I applied the hacked firmware to my 1107HC1 and I can now record from HBO. I haven't tried copying video tapes or dvd's yet so not sure if that works. I'm just so happy that I can now record my shows or movies off HBO without that nasty copyright message.

2. wipron

wipron Member

Check out SIMA model CT-2 and you can record DVD to DVD with no problem. At least I've never had a problem. Check e-bay for best prices. The stabilizers work better for VHS to DVD. When I used one for DVD to DVD I thought the picture was too bright. Good Luck!

3. m4p

m4p Member

I actually was going to buy one of those because I couldn't record off HBO but since I applied the hack, I don't need to get one. As far as DVD to DVD, wouldn't it be easier to do it on a computer and use something like DVD Shrink? I would think that a DVD wouldn't fit on a disk doing the copying on the stand alone recorder. I guess if your recorder will handle dual layer, it would work. My recorder will do multi-format, but I don't think it does dual layer.

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

You're much better off 'backing up' a DVD with your computer

And yes, a hacked LiteOn or ilo is much better than a non-hacked with a video stabilizer

5. m4p

m4p Member

I had actually bought an LG recorder first. I like to record shows to watch later so I decided to record a show off HBO and it immediately came up with the copyright message and the recording ceased. I thought this is ridiculous when I can easily tape off my VCR. Then I found this forum and read about the LiteOn's and decided to get one. Overall, I am really happy with it. The only thing I wish it had is S-video. But it does have component out so when I get a new tv in the future, that should be good, right? Isn't component connections better than S-video? The LiteOn seems more responsive than the LG. The LG took forever to read a disk. One thing about my LiteOn is when I first start it up, it makes this ping noise for a second. Is that normal, do you know?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I have 3 LiteOn LVW-5005 recorders . . I've hacked them all and I've replaced all 3 drives . . I've worn 2 out and the 3rd was given to me dead . . so far I've used a SOHW1633s, a SOHW1693s and a SHM160P6S . . I really liked the recorders when I first purchased them . . but after replacing the drives, they're awesome . . I press record and they start like right now! Finalizing takes less than 30 seconds and I can even booktype with the recorder that I put the SHW160P6S in . . what I did was to install it in my computer and update the firmware and download the booktyping utility

LiteOn recorders are an excellent value

By the way, one of the LVW-5005 recorders had a Sony drive in it

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  7. wipron

wipron Member

(M4P)
    I'm confused......I thought you asked the question "Do you know if this works on DVD or just for VHS?" So that's the question I was trying to answer for you. The first LiteOn I bought was the 5101, which cannot be hacked, so I used the sima ct2. It worked great. I have since purchased 2 LVW 5005 and 2 LVW 5007, all hacked and working great. But, that wasn't your question was it? If you already know the answers, don't ask the questions.

8. m4p

m4p Member

(Wipron)
    Yes, that is exactly what I was asking. Even though I can record off HBO now, I still may want to back up some DVD's and in case it doesn't work, I wanted to know if the one that Shass posted, or the Sima you posted about would work. So I guess I didn't know the answers. Thanks for your help.

9. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

How do you find out what liteon dvd recorder is in ilo ver 05 stand alone.

Alsowill this unit play pal

10. catfreak

catfreak Active member

The ilo 05 recorder is not made by LiteOn . . I believe that it's an Emerson

11. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The ilo 05 is Cyberhome [Same as the Cyberhome 1600]
    I have three and use them for playing. [Recording is good]
    By the way they are good, will play anything and are cheap.
    The Cyberhome 300 player is good and at $30 to $35 is better than many at 2 to 3 times the price

PS
    The Cyberhome 1200 is the same as the 1600 with no DV input, The electronics are there but no input cable or plug in.
    The Firmware is different

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  12. 5ten

5ten Member

I am now at this and apologize. I have a liteon lvc-9016g that i have done the hack on the unit(lvc-9016g firmwar file name "LNNUF091.E44" ) every thing works(3hrlg and regon changeer) exept the mv remover. this is a combo unit and I could not find info if the hack would work on this type of a dvd/vhs unit i have read all the forme and unless I missed some thing (I some times do more often then not)any help would be gratefull thanks

13. catfreak

catfreak Active member

The newer DVD recorders can't be MV hacked . .

14. 5ten

5ten Member

that would explan alot hmmmm.... that kind of sucks a lot but thank you i will have to look for an older modle then how much later do i have to go to get one that can be hacked? and thank you for the halp:)

15. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I know that you can 'downgrade' the firmware on the LiteOn LVW5005 to 0098, then you can apply all of the hacks

16. dsvm2004

dsvm2004 Member

i have downloaded the firmware for a liteon lvw5104 and have hacked it using the software that mr wizard provided and have burned the firmware to a cd-r and downloaded it did the process i checked to see the if the region was changed to region free also check the sn- version and it changed from the previous one that was originally installed dont remember extractly the #'s. i used the hacked software it stated that it was sucessfully hacked. i have tried copying a dvd and it states protected content and wont record. i have checked all the reforums and doesnt say anything about lvw5104 i would be apriciated if anyone could let me know if i am doing something worng thank you

17. wipron

wipron Member

I have recently purchased a Liteon LVW-5005. Maufacture date is April, 2004. I have tried to hack this unit and it just will not. When I put in the hack CD it just comes up "DATA DISC". I've successfully hacked 3 other 5005 and 3 5007's, with NO problems. I hacked with the LNFA1098. Anyone else have this problem? Do I need an earlier hacked version because of the manufature date? I'm confused! Anyone have any ideas??? Thank You in advance.

18. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

If you press setup on the remote a Series of letters and Numbers will be at the top towards the right

Post them and we can go from there

LNFA1098 Might be a catch all for a lot of Liteon units The letters would not appear correct

19. wipron

wipron Member

SN is 0102-0143-0063-(100-010B) Thank You!

20. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The unit does go back some time
    Are you sure that all the mumbers are correct
    There should be another set of four
    Example [and is a 5005 SN # but the numbers could be different
    SN 0102-1140-0098--G2BC -- Those in (xxx-xxxx)are not involved

The 0102 looks ok
    The 1140 would indicate the unit series. It might be 1840
    The 0098 would be the system Firmware 0063 is a much older firmware
    The G3BC would be the DVD drive firmware

The 0143 may be correct but doesn't seem right

There are a number of versions of the 5005 firmware and many will not be accepted by a specific unit

If the # are correct I do not see it listed and will direct you to a site that might have an answer