1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gtrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

A Quote
    “oh yeah umm it seemed to work for awhile’
    ----------------------------

[seemed] and [awhile] are the key words

As CC said the hack does not work for copy protection on the 1101, [US or UK]
    The unit is also CP compliant.
    You can put any flavor firmware on it and than hack it and it will still respond [refuse] to copy a truly CP tape or disk
    [Read the Update section on the SMART Firmware Hacker page

PS
    The hack to remove MV is for analog MV as a VHS tape

A note on the use of the Liteon 160 series drives that do not work on FF.
    Almost a year ago, I had replaced a bad drive in a ilo RHD04 with a 160p, supplied by the owner that now lives in a different State, and said he didn’t care about the FF
    He now wants to use the unit to edit and play. Unless the remote FF button is disabled, any use of FF will lock the unit up and require it to be unplugged and restarted. After speaking with him and as the drive fit had already been done, he installed a 1213s which works fine.

The Moral
    Make sure when installing a drive that does not support FF that you really do not care about FF

2. aceinface

aceinface Member

hello all, new user, I just bought a Ilo DVDR04 and was wondering how do I hack it so that I can back up my dvd movies. Can I get a step by step way of how to do this? i have never done this before so I am a little slow at it. Sorry. Any help would be appreciated. I am not very computer smart but with good directions I can figure it out. aceinface