1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im back to help! Post anything that you wanna know about HALO 2 modding here - and I will answer!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DrXthirst, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Viper4494

Viper4494 Member

im pretty sure i do. not postitve though.

2. madmodz

madmodz Guest

i need help. i soft modded my xbox and i have FTP but i need to know how to get modded halo 2 maps that i have downloaded onto FTP also i need to know how to get the modz from my computer to my xbox. help

3. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Well, if you have AIM. Then IM me @ DrXThirst.

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

hey i have a quick question please
    ok i was wondering what killtrocity map pack was and where i can get it and how do i use it

5. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Well, im not sure exactly whats wrong then. Try downloading them both again (.Net 1 and 2) and re-installing them again. Sometimes, they get messed up.

Killtrocity map pack is a package of about 40 great mods. Some maps that look like they are completely rebuilt. You can get it at http://files.halomods.com

6. honex97

honex97 Member

quick question i would like to know how i can play turf modded but keep it in the tdata folder?

7. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Join someone elses party. LOL. JK. IM me.

8. dago1991

dago1991 Member

ok so im trying to get the new map mods onto my xbox hdd and i dont know how i can get the old maps but not these so if u can help thnx

9. xchasmx

xchasmx Member

ok so im completely new to this and i was trying to get the killtrocity map pack and burn it to a dvd. i did everything up to the point where i have to use Super PPF and do something. i dont know what i have to do or how to use it. Every tim i put the ascension thing in the map file and the halo derby thing in the other i get this message that says

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediatly.

Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."

what do i do to fix this. please help!!

10. xchasmx

xchasmx Member

actually i got all of them to work but ascension. it shows that message and then when i look at it in the folder i have it in its back to 0KB and a new thing that says ascension.map.sppf.tmp shows up. it is the same size as ascension but it says TMP File. what do i do to fix this

11. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

YOU GUYS! PLEASE JUST AIM ME AT DRXTHIRST. I KNOW YOUR THINKING, WHY NOT JUST HELP HERE, AND ITS BECAUSE I HAVE THINGS TO DO. I WILL ADD YOU TO MY FRIENDS LIST AND THEN I WILL TALK TO YOU AND BETTER BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. THANKS, THIRST.

12. SSoldier

SSoldier Member

WOW TY i havnt don it yet but i hav tried something like this but failed all the times i tried and just gave up, hopefully this will work for me ty

13. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

wow i barely remember posting that. You're welcome i guess

14. R21

R21 Member

ok so i modded my xbox and was going to FTP some maps and i get to the file where the maps (newer ones not orignal) are and the arnt there! so i was like o im dumb thats cuz i never got em on my xbox i get em on my 360 and i tried to go and download em on the xbox but when i go to sign in it wont let me! it took me to an explaining pager where it listed off a couple reasons why and none of them are mine! all of the wires are in the right place and everything. so i called gamestop and asked if it was maybe the wire i was using and he said the wire is fine but i cant get my gamerprofile on the xbox to download the maps on my orignal xbox...... so either i need to know how to get the connection( if i plug the wire into my 360 it works so its not the connection) or i need a tut on where the orignal Halo 2 maps are, so plz help me thanks-

15. R21

R21 Member

ok so i modded my xbox and was going to FTP some maps and i get to the file where the maps (newer ones not orignal) are and the arnt there! so i was like o im dumb thats cuz i never got em on my xbox i get em on my 360 and i tried to go and download em on the xbox but when i go to sign in it wont let me! it took me to an explaining pager where it listed off a couple reasons why and none of them are mine! all of the wires are in the right place and everything. so i called gamestop and asked if it was maybe the wire i was using and he said the wire is fine but i cant get my gamerprofile on the xbox to download the maps on my orignal xbox...... so either i need to know how to get the connection( if i plug the wire into my 360 it works so its not the connection) or i need a tut on where the orignal Halo 2 maps are, so plz help me thanks-

16. R21

R21 Member

whoops sorry for double post

17. R21

R21 Member

why does no one ever reply to my posts?

18. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

1.) Don't mod your 360. It's stupid.

2.) To get the old maps you have to go to your modded dashboard and put in the halo 2 disc, but don't start the game. Then, ftp to your xbox and go to the "D" folder. You should see Maps, Media, Bink, Default.xbe, downloader.xbe and a few other .xbe's. However, the maps are in the "Maps" folder. Make sure you get mainmenu, shared and singleplayershared. Also, I have to go cut grass, be back in a few hours.

19. SSoldier

SSoldier Member

hey xxteakxx i did the post u made (quoted above i beleive)and it workewd perfect, then i modded my friends xbox and he hadnt gotten an xbl account or even played halo 2 on his xbox so the tdata/$u things werent there for me to rename. this may not be the prob but its the only mistake ive found so far. i would appreciate help. btw the error is when i try to start a map it says "You failed to load the map" again i would appreciate help.
    §uper§oldier

20. SSoldier

SSoldier Member

i dont know how to edit posts on this forum so
    guys if u hav gotten the new maps downloaded before you modded i can help u also jut aim me at SSuperSSpartan33
    EDIT: ok i just found out how to edit

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007