1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im back to help! Post anything that you wanna know about HALO 2 modding here - and I will answer!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DrXthirst, Aug 2, 2006.

1. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

First , to get the maps onto your computer , you have to turn off Auto-Start games from the system config menu , then , turn your xbox on and stay at the dashboard and then put your game in. Wait till your xbox recognizes it , then go to your computer and FTP to your xbox. Once connected , you should see alot of folders. Click on "D". This is your CD-Drive. Then , mess around in those folders until you find the maps. They will be in 3 folders ending in 001, 002, and 003 respectivly. (I think you need to click on dlcontent to get to those folders)

First , I need to know what that patch was supposed to do to the map.

Open a single player map in insolence/entity and drag-and-drop/save and build into your multiplayer map (the tag will be under bloc). Then , go into dothalo and change the projectile to bloc- ....soccer ball.

1st question - Static is where you can change the IP manually and DHCP is automatic and you use DHCP if you wanna get on XBL.

2nd question- If your xbox is still running fine and you can still FTP and everything , then I wouldnt worry about it.

Theres a program where you can make your own dashboard skins , but , my computer broke , so search for Evolver. And , if you cant find it , then I will search , but plz dont be lazy , help me out!

You can move stuff around visually in Entity. Just go down to BSP and click on the maps bsp and then , at the top right , you will see a Blue button , click on it and click View BSP. IF yours doesnt have that button , click on Tools and then Raw Editor. Then , once the BSP Viewer loads , at the top , I think it says spawns , click that and then click on Collection. Then , you can click on stuff and move it where you want it , and PM me if you need the controls for it.

And , for your 2nd question , I dont know , but I have been wanting to know myself , so I will research that and I will tell you when I get results.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS!

2. tcocheese

tcocheese Member

yeah I see it so i just copy all those thigns in that folder to halo maps and i can just mod those and ftp those over and it will work?

3. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

should ... if you dont make any errors

4. tcocheese

tcocheese Member

Yes so i did that i tried it for turf and just did a simple mod of jumping higher but it didnt work am i suppose to copy maps to halo maps and then just ftp over or am i suppose to copy those maps over the multiplayer map pack and redownload the maps or am i suppose to put the maps on main menu because i first tried copying just the maps and it didnt work then i copied everything in the folders to it and it didnt work is there any easier way.

5. unmodme

unmodme Member

if i get on XBL will i get banned? I have a softmodded xbox witt an EvoX dash.... Will microsoft ban my xbox or only my account?

6. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

you shouldn't get banned unless you have modded content. But if you run the installer there might be a switch softmod on/off option, if there's not then just make sure you don't have any modded maps.

7. loser818

loser818 Guest

Hey i have a problem
    im trying to mod my xbox with splinter cell
    but ever time i get to the check point parts it freezes and doesnt go to the new dashboard.
    any idea why???

8. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

When you FTP , you go into E:\TDATA\4...64\002 (I think, its one of those folders) , and you take Turf.map and place it on your computer. Then , you open it in DotHalo and mod it , then you sign it with CMR. Then , you FTP again , and go into the same folder (E:\TDATA\4...64\002) and replace the turf thats in there with the modded one on your computer.

If your maps are modded then yes you will get banned within 30 mins - 24 hrs. Microsoft will only ban your account , unless you hardmod , then they ban your IP Address. And when you are banned , you can still sign on , you just cant play matchmaking.

Probably the softmod exploit you are using. I didnt use splinter cell , i used mechassualt , so , all I can say is try another exploit (SID 4.0 mb)

9. unmodme

unmodme Member

if i use splinter cell to change my ip t DHCP then does it still change it to auto? or do i have to go to my dashboard and goto sttings and change it from static ip.

10. tcocheese

tcocheese Member

DrX Thirst thank you so much everything works fine now and i would of never found out how to do that but now i did all thanks to you again thanks alot

11. help12345

help12345 Guest

Do u know how to downgrade my xbox so i can play on other ppls maps that they made. cuz i have all the xbox live updates on my xbox, up to january 2006, and now i can play any maps tht were renamed or made by other ppl

12. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

To change your IP , you have to go to the dashboard. Then , from there click on w/e option that lets you choose the settings of your xbox.

Static = You cant get on XBL and your IP is chosen manually by you.
    DHCP = You CAN get on XBL and your IP is chosen automatically.

NP man!

Yes, your not really downgrading your xbox, you just need to turn off the automatic update. (the XBL updates) Just FTP to your xbox and go into E:\TDATA\4...64\

Once in that folder , you will see 2 more folders , these are the new maps and the AU(Autoupdate)

Rename

$C to New Maps
    $U to Autoupdate

and then you are done!

[just rename them back when you wanna get back on XBL]

13. tcocheese

tcocheese Member

O i have one more question when i load up halo 2 and i go to a map it makes this like creeking or something like that kind of noise and until that noise is done the map wont load so it takes forever is there a way to fix that?

14. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Hey, could you help me find a link for CMR v2, it looks amazing and i really want to get it. thanks

15. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

Ummm , lol , ive never heard of that , but , if I have to , I will look that up and see wat I can do!

I have it on my old computer , when it gets fixed , Ill be able to send you anything you'd like! But , thats not the case , so Ill look for a link. Dont get too excited tho , because all thats different is the way it looks and it resigns the map in 1 second. I still use CMR 1.

16. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

it can also resign old maps too

17. DrXthirst

DrXthirst Guest

o , well , I use Map Maker Worker to resign the old maps.

18. tcocheese

tcocheese Member

Nvm i just delted everything i could find about halo on my xbox and redownloaded it and now it works fine

19. loser818

loser818 Guest

yah i finally got it working and now im pissed
    the stupid mods deleted all saved data and i cant get back to my original dashboard no matter how hard i try
    i tried putting back in splinter cell but the files either got deleted or are on the old dashboard
    is there anyway to get them off the xbox???
    any help would be much appreciated.

20. MJOLNIRm7

MJOLNIRm7 Member

I need help with Skinning halo 2 i have the following apps= ADI v2-DOT HALO with latest plugins-H2x-H2EDIT-and a couple of others. but i need to know how to make my own skins like weapon and player and vehi skins . plz thank you very much( I WILL PASS THE WISDOM ALONG TO OTHER NOOBS)