1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm confused with motorola mobile phone tools

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by bbaby2014, Aug 4, 2008.

1. bbaby2014

bbaby2014 Member

i have the motorola mobile phone tools and the drivers. the phone tools still arent recognizing the motorola razor v3m. i'm using winme. can any one help?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. travalon

travalon Regular member

You can try this:
    1 uninstall MPT and drivers,Search Motorola AND MPT and delete any files associated with motorola or Phone tools. (Program files and Application data at least)
    2 google new drivers for motorola
    3 restart
    4 install new drivers
    5 restart
    6 install old drivers
    7 restart
    8 Plug your phone in and wait for it to be recognized. (It should be as a modem)
    9 install MPT and restart
    10 Plug in your phone again and open MPT. Follow the instructions and hope fully it should work.

If not go to step one through 9.
    in step 10 as soon as MPT starts to detect your phone, and the little line begins to crawl across the screen, Unplug it from the computer.
    Hopefully MPT will ask you to choose your phone from a list. You will get GSM, GRP, etc options. Check the one for your type of connection, then scroll through the list to find the model "CLOSEST" to the one you have. IF you find your model choose it. Continue on with the install and it should work. It did with mine. Good luck some times it takes a couple of tries. and a couple of installs.