1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im going mad!!!!!!! please help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by daz001, Oct 6, 2003.

1. daz001

daz001 Member

Well im sorry for this but i have looked at the same questions and answers all week and i still cannot get my dvd 106 rewriter to write a single dvd!.ive downloaded all the software that people are being told to download but still nothing.ive even got two types of burning software still nothing.what am i doing wrong!!!please help

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You need to be a little more specific....

What are you trying to do???

What software do you have at present?

What method/software are you using?

Have you looked at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

I have a Pioneer 106 and have no issues.....

Give me some more specifics, and we can go from there......_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  3. ally100

ally100 Member

Daz001,

Like you I have just started and this whole thing can appear to be very complicated. This is how I have managed it so far.

1) Create two folders one to rip the files to and another to put the shrunk files to. I name them DVD Image (ripped files) and Shrunk movie DVD2One files) so they are easy to identify later.

2) I used DVD decrypter to rip the movie into the 'DVD Image' file. This removes the region coding and macrovision and so on.(From the ripped file select the one headed VIDEO_TS and this should be able to be played in PowerDVD on your computer).

3) I then used DVD2One Version 1.3.0. I shrink the file from my 'DVD Image' folder into the 'Shrunk Movie' folder. On the settings you can choose from the copy mode drop down menu either full disk or movie only (self explanatory)(again the VIDEO_TS file should be able to be played on PowerDVD once this movie has been authorised).

4) Using Nero 6 and select DVD-Movie mode. I open the 'Shrunk movie' folder and hilight all the files. Then drag and drop them into the far left hand column and into a folder in red called VIDEO_TS. Then burn the disc.

5) Put disk into your DVD player and enjoy.

Labelling files VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS do not seem to be needed as Nero automatically creates these.

I now wait to be shot down in flames by others far more experienced than me, however this system works for me so far.

Cheers Ally.

4. Samantha

Samantha Member

Follow all of Allys steps, with the folders its less complcated to to open a new folder, name it the same as the movie, open that folder and then create a new folder inside called VIDEO_TS.

Decrypt into the "movie named folder"
    Shrink into "VIDEO_ST"
    Burn from "VIDEO_TS"

5. daz001

daz001 Member

ok thanks for that,but ive been trying to use dvd decrypter today after i downloaded it but i dont know what to do with it.are you saying i need to use dvdshrink first before i use the decrypter.they are both the same !! no instuctions what to do with them.what im trying to do is copy a divx film of my hard drive on to a dvd disc.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  6. whompus

whompus Active member

7. actech

actech Regular member

all you need is dvd shrink and nero6 for instructions go to the bottom of any post by oriphus and it will set you free to make all the back-ups you can