1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to kill

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Oct 11, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@Alien13 - lmao, i'm gonna keep my head down as darthnip will no doubt tell Neph how much i've been keeping him busy him while Neph's been away :)

2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Heheh :) Yeah. Its not that bad with neph gone as there are still other mods :) But still, hes pretty cool :)

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Lying on my side next to a large flat rock on the top of a wide canyon I peered through the Leupold scope at a small clearing in the timber on the opposite side of the canyon approximately 250 yards away. After three days of seeing nothing a cow elk had just stepped into the clearing and paused. I slid the safety forward on my Remington Model 700 7MM Mag, drew the stock into my shoulder and lined up the crosshairs just behind the cow's shoulders - a wonderful broadside shot. Steadily increasing pressure on the trigger I heard the rifle bark, sending it's 160 gr. Nosler AccuTip payload on it's way.................

Disaster. The shot went high and must've nipped a few hairs off her shoulders judging by the way she suddenly crouched. No sooner did she crouch than I was slamming the bolt back on the Remington to chamber fresh round for a Hail Mary shot before she realized what was happening .................................

More disaster. Somehow (God only knows) the empty case ended up back in the action lying on top of the fresh round that I so desperately needed in the chamber. I entered into what must've appeared to be a Gran Mal seizure trying to shake the seemingly unshakable empty casing out of the action all the while uttering copious amounts of the foulest language I could muster (possibly a bit of situational Tourettes). Finally I get the goddam empty out of the action, slam the bolt forward and - she's gone.

I was kinda bummed but it was great to get away, see the mountains and my uncle. The cow, however, isn't scot free just yet - I'm already planning the trip for next year ;)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

welcome back Neph, u'll get em' next time~ :)

docTY~

does sound like you had fun though, that is always a good thing...thank GOD you are back... :)

5. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Cool :) Glad to have you back :) Better luck next time :)

6. creaky

glad you sort of had a good time Neph, and you met my friend 'tourettes', he's a very close friend who keeps in touch :)

7. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Whitetails do the crouching bit when startled enough to bolt for their lives by something like a gunshot. They use the crouch to launch themselves in the direction they want to go.
    Think of a runner. From a standing start, he can't take off as fast, but in a crouched starting position he can use the full motion of his legs and muscles to launch to full speed quicker.

Oh well, better luck next time.

8. gear79

gear79 Guest

welcome back neph........ i am sure you are slammed with e-mails ans spammer reports... but good 2 c u back

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Just use a rocket launcher or RPG next time.

If in doubt, a small tactical thermo-nuclear device (don't forget to wear your Oakley sunglasses - they apparently have therma-nuclear protection) should sort the men from the boys. Some factor 30 sunblock would be advisable too.

I'm not joking either.

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Welcome back, Neph. I am now eating that virtual elk roast that you sent me. :)

11. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Welcome Back Nephilim :D

12. gear79

gear79 Guest

already a sr. member glitched i see.... you must be one postin mofo.....

13. nrautava

nrautava Guest

Now I can see it also. Damm Glitched is fast!

And Welcome back Neph...
    There might be nice amount of post you to read... :)

14. Glitched

Glitched Guest

wow neph is fast,yesterday someguy was spamming so i "reported an offences post" and he was the guy can to the rescue and banned him,where were all the mods yesterday...

15. creaky

they're no doubt taking a well earned rest from all of our reports in Neph's absence :)

16. Nephilim

Thanks kivory666, Alien13, creaky, zippyd, gear79, pulsar, Bruce, and Glitched for all the 'welcome backs' :)

Great to hear from ya Doug! Hope things are well with you.

The funny thing is after crouching for a second she slowly straightened back up then just walked off. Maybe she knew I was fighting with that damned empty and did it just to piss me off all the more :p

180+ updated thread emails and pm's :p

I was thinking of claymores along the elk trails for next year so I can just sit back and watch them get blasted :p I'll look at an RPG the year after next if the claymores don't work ;)

Seriously though effective immediately I'll be saving my pennies for a Savage Model 16 Weather Warrior in .270 Winchester Short Magnum. I had to borrow my uncles 7mm Mag since I don't have anything suitable for big game and there's no substitute for your own rifle that you know well and and know exactly what it'll do.

I did come back with a cooler full of meat since another hunter in our group bagged a cow and two bull calves. He had more meat than cooler room to make it back to Kansas. I can't wait to grill those backstraps! Yummy!

I had some form of grilled meat every night there save one. One fellow brought steaks from a caribou he had taken earlier this year on the Inuit reservation in Canada and let me tell you that was some of the best, if not the, best meat I've ever had. It had a delicious flavor that was fairly unique in that it didn't closely resemble any meat I'd had before. My cousin brought backstraps from some excellent Axis deer he'd taken in Texas, another brought some corn fed Kansas whitetail and we had some of the backstap off the cow that was shot that day. I won't be eating that good for quite some time!

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

nothing tastes better than our canadian meat whether wild or domesticated.
    maybe Glitched is trying to beat my record.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

19. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Oooops, server lag!

GODDAMMMMITTTT!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  20. Nephilim