1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im having problems getting .bin or .cue file after unzipping movie files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pincuzion, Sep 19, 2004.

1. pincuzion

pincuzion Guest

Ive downloaded a movie and used winrar to extract the files. The only problem is after Im done extracting the files. I do not have a .bin or .cue file.I dont know if Im doing something wrong in winrar or what. So I can not burn them to vcd. Im new at this so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2004
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

But what is in the .RAR archive? An .AVI? An .MPG? A more exotic file format? If the .MPG is a MPEG-1 it's easy (you can load it with TMPGenc). If it's a MPEG-2 it's harder (you must convert it back to a MPEG-1 file). Please explain. If you have an AVI. or an .MPG you must (1) encode it into a PAL/NTSC MPEG with TPGenc [maybe splitting it into 2 doing Setting__Advanced__Select Range twice (CD1: 1-->Frame, CD2: Frame+1-->end)if the movie is longer than 70'] (2)create a VCD .CUE/.image BIN with VCDEasy (choose as burner = 'virtual image recorder')(3) burn the image into a CD-R with the application you like to create a VCD.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  3. pincuzion

pincuzion Guest

The file comes up as .mpg. I dont know how to tell if its mpeg1 or mpeg2. I've never used TMPGenc. I do apologize for not knowing. Im fairly new to this whole process. And thank you for your time in answering this for me, it is greatly appreciated

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if you have no bin/cue just the mpeg its easy, just load it up into nero/whatever u use to burn (s)vcd's and make a new (s)vcd, you can even use nero express which has a wizard for a more user friendly interface if u like, just make sure you know what the mpeg is, vcd or svcd, vcd resolution is(352x240ntsc/352x288pal) svcd resolution is(480x480ntsc/480x576pal)

if the burning app saids that the mpeg is not standard compliant just select the non-standard (s)vcd option when it pops up, your dvd-player should still be able to play it back. if your dvd-player cannot playback non-standard (s)vcd's only then will you need to use tmpgenc to make it standard compliant.

5. pincuzion

pincuzion Guest

When I use Nero to try to burn a movie. I can locate the movie folder itself, but when I open it, it doesnt show the file in there. Am I doing something wrong and if so what? Any help would be appreciated.

6. bizz

bizz Guest

Under file type drop box, choose the last one which is all files. Your mpg file will be shown up. Good luck.