1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im hurting bad here... Tech Question on Softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by TiMM3R, Jan 20, 2007.

1. TiMM3R

TiMM3R Guest

Ok here is the scenario.....

I was attempting to make XBMC a Dash on my EvoX softy. Now I read all about it and the problem is that no one box is the same so its usually trial and error to see what works for you.
    My thing is that I have an Error with serious issues. I renamed the Xboxdash.xbe to Xboxdasho.xbe in my c:\, and I made XBMC's Default.xbe in evoxdash.xbe in the C:\ to see if this would start XBMC.

Well, what I did here was really stupid (I figured that on the reboot) because now I am stuck with good ole' ERROR 13!

Now, I can only play games from the Cd drive, I cant reach either Dashboard and I have 120 gigs of software in the red!

No FTp = No changing the rename I created = SCREWED!

What I need is:
    * The name of games that include a dash update
    * Some detailed info on a boot cd for the xbox
    * info on how to attach your xbox HD to the pc
    (I have done this and figured out the pc can see the drive is discovered but you can not access it)

I need some suggestions, on day 2 of this malfunction
    Ps I do not have original Hd or The EEPCD that was created because I didn't do it

Really trying to get back to my Tecmo Bowl '07 rosters and the last thing I want to do is start over because it will be hell trying to find the person with the hardware and cd.

Am I Funked???

2. TiMM3R

TiMM3R Guest

Ok I have made some progress (assuming I can call it that) in the last 6 hours.

I stumbled onto a HotSwap post in another forum and I tried it.
    At first all I can get was the make of the hard drive to be recognized by the pc. Well as of know my pc tells me thet there is a hard drive as well as a SCSI CD/RW appearing as my f:\.

Is the hard drive still locked? Where do I input a password?
    By the way Dell sent me a pc with no funking floppy drive so I cannot make dos boot disks, unless you can do it from a cd?

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

if you can get the hotswap working and get the drive attached to you computer that is good. but windows cant realy read the fat partitions so i think you can use the explorer 360 program for looking at the xbox 360 hard drive. also you could always try to do this using linux becuase linux can read the fat partition. and if the drive is still locked you would need the eeprom or else you need to do the hotswap untill you get it right. im not sure if any of this will help you but it is worth a try

4. TiMM3R

TiMM3R Guest

I definately appreciate the reply but I have figured it all out.

The HotSwap was in fact working!
    The problem was that I couldnt find the correct program for the file viewing.

Well needless to say your suggestion was right on!
    I used xplorer360 during the HotSwap and Vuwhaaaala!
    All partitions viewable and editable.

The main thing was that I was using the slave of my pc hard drive IDE
    which is a NO NO.
    You need the secondary IDE (Alla CD-rom) completely disconnected from all periphreals.

All though, I may have to backup eveerything right now because I am getting screenshot errors on some Emu's. Pulling the IDE while there is activity could cause this and even worse yet bad sectors on the HD.

Dell had sent me a lousy video editing PC. Sure, I have a gig of RAM but intigrated video? You guys are BUMS and I am building my next PC!

-=TiMM3R=-

5. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

well im glad you got ur stuff fixed. have fun with it