1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im just about to encode an avi 2 vcd and wanna know can i higher bitrate?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by badboy187, Nov 5, 2003.

1. badboy187

badboy187 Member

yeah basically im gonna encode an avi to vcd format using tmpg and gonna split it to put on two discs as its gonna be about 925 meg and 90 mins long so all i wanna know is what can i play around with and it still play ok on my dvd player i.e can i higher bitrate? cheers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So you want to know if you can Raise the Bitrate so that the whole movie Takes up 2 Full CD-R"s instead of One CD-R and a Bit ??
    Yes you can do this and Make a non-Standard VCD or XVCD and it should Play on Most DVD Players..To change the Bitrate in tmpgenc you will have to Load the "Unlock.mcf" template from the Extra Folder, then all of the Tmpgenc settings will be Unlocked so you can change them..You should also set the "System" setting to "Video_CD Non-Standard" because you are Makeing a Non-Standard VCD and if you use the "merge & Cut" to edit the File you should also choose the "Video_CD Non-Standard" setting from the Dropdown Menu or you might have problems burning the VCD...Good Luck

3. badboy187

badboy187 Member

unlock.mcf ? and extra folder what do u mean on the project wizard cos i have no extra folder there mate?

4. badboy187

badboy187 Member

ok i found the unlock file in the extra folder but how do i load it

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

OK...Close the Wizard, Then click the "Load" button in the Bottom right corner, Now Navigate to the "Unlock.mcf" template and load the Temp[late and now all of the Settings will be Unlocked...After you have set all of the Settings the way you want you can click the "Save" Button in the Bottom Corner and save the settings into your Own Template so the next time you want to use the same settings you just need to Click "Load" and Load the Saved Template.....Cheers

6. oli84

oli84 Member

question about vcd compliance: how compatible are non-compliant vcds like xvcds with today's standalone dvd and vcd players?