1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im looking for cheap camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by MrT789, Jan 21, 2007.

1. MrT789

MrT789 Member

im looking for a cheap camcorder, does anyone have any suggestions? im willing to spend about 200-400

2. whysokold

whysokold Member

check out this link.
    I'm so sick on transfering data from my digital video tape to the hard drive. A friend has a camcorder that burns directly to a mini dvd, but if you aren't completely still it pixelates sometimes. I'm looking at upgrading as well. Burn right to a hard drive! How much simpler is it than that?

www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7623048&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat91400050051&id=1130985858389

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  3. Molder

Molder Regular member

Guys a couple of things to remember, if you get a camera that burns direct to a DVD (mini) it encodes to mpeg-2 and mpeg-2 is hard to edit it is not as friendly as say avi. I did notice the JVC will record 10 hrs of mpeg-2, it doesn't say that it records to other format (avi). So if you plan on editing you movies in a NLE (non linear editor), steer away from mpeg-2 capture. Side note, the new Hi Def camcorders still use tape (most) as it doesn't compress the movie.

M

4. mhmd25

mhmd25 Guest

i thinj i show more than 1 in forum

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  5. pdxcrash

pdxcrash Guest

Arg I cant seem to find like User reviews or ratings for dv camcorders -- like i did use for purchase of my dvd players -- was exelent listing of features and non features and much more --

Im looking to purchase a minidv JVC from Fry's TODAY for $188.
    Cheap enough -- but i wont be able to purchase a different one in time for what i need IF this one turns out to be crap ! --

can someone post a link or ?? where to find detailed info on current digitasl camcorders now available -- ??? tons of thanks -- love this site -- although it does get a Lot harder to find info specific at times here -- it's a Wealth of knowledge -- tried and true !

Crash--- out !

6. whysokold

whysokold Member

pdx crash? you from portland?

You can always check best buy. Those guys know EVERYTHING and all their info is correct. ;)

7. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

8. pdxcrash

pdxcrash Guest

Portland -- yes ...

I didn't purchase the 188 jvc-- as mentioned quality --well might be good - rest of camera was Very Basic -- totally Basic.. SO my other options point me twords final editing on what i already own ..
    1 vhsc cam and one Jvc Svhsc cam .. so now im focusing on the
    Panasonic dmr-es45vs ,,,dvd /svhs recorder. ive tried enough of conversion cables and programs to clog up two of my home systems eventually resulting in crap.. original is good tho only it's on svhs tape ... so i presume that with an option of conversion to dvd and the svhs vhs player the conversion should be better considering it's running it all off one board and no loss at least from svideo to USB DAZZLE into my system.. (neither camera has a firewire port) . so I can finnally close that chapter of my life -- complete those projects from way back -- and sit back and enjoy and laugh at hte times gone by -- including the technology ... !

PS: circuit city lists the combo / burner at $239.00 cheapest anywhere

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2007