1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im new, have alot of ?s

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by adamryer, Jun 16, 2004.

1. adamryer

adamryer Guest

ok, here it goes. Im planning on getting an xbox and i want to mod it, i want to be able to play original games, possibly dvds and dvd backups, and backed up games. What chip should i get? I prefer solderless but if soldering is better (which ive read) then thats fine. Second thing is i want to put in an 80gb hard drive also, i want to know the steps on how to do that, what kind of drive to get, etc. Please help me out here! cost is kind of an option but im planning on spending around $100 for the chip and the hard drive if thats reasonable.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

re solder chip, theyre cheaper, and yea you get a better connection, go for a x2 lite (very easy to flash from cromwell using a bios on a cdrw etc)
    note: you cannot play your backups with a cromwell bios, you WILL need to reflash it (xbins has bios, cant tell you how to get there, sorry)
    (pm me if you need stuff)
    I answered the other stuff on the "backups" section

laters