1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im not sure if i can unlock my iphone 3g or not, please help

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by B1gDRock, Jan 6, 2010.

1. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

Okay so I have this iphone 3g that I bought off of someone and I fixed the screen. I want to unlock it as well but here's the deal. I put my sim card in it to see if it worked and it updated to OS 3.1.2, and now I'm not sure if I can unlock it, or only jailbreak it. I thought I read something about if you have updated it to 3.1.2 you can no longer unlock it because the baseband or something doesn't allow it but I am not sure. I restored it with itunes, so the phone is no longer activated. Please help, I am new at this and I am not positive on what to do. I just don't want to ruin the phone on accident. Thank you in advance!!

2. crazipaki

crazipaki Member

sort through some threads, look into blackra1n, its very easy

3. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

yeah i was able to do it with blackra1n. i looked into all the forums but i never saw the updates that they have at the bottom of the tutorials. it took me forever though to get it to work. i tried everything.

for all those who are having trouble this is what worked for me. go to task manager and end the process "explorer.exe" and then run blackra1n by starting a new task. i tried for a week or two and this finally did it for me