1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if my Android Box is broken.

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Roachie83, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Roachie83

Roachie83 Newbie

I have an OTT TV BOX Android player Model :MXQ. I think I got in it 2016. The power went out here yesterday and when it came back on the blue light on the front keeps flashing blue and will not start up. I unplugged it and serached for a factory reset button, but no luck. I was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about this and be albe to give some advice on fixing it or is it garbage?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

I am sure the the mqx box has a factory reset button in the audio jack, what you need to do is pull out the power lead locate the switch with a cocktail stick, hold button down (you will feel it) keep it pressed down while plugging the power back in, keep it pressed down till you see the android man looking broken. Good luck

Roachie83 likes this.
  3. Roachie83

Roachie83 Newbie

Thank You. I feel the reset button, in the av hole. I did what you said, but as soon as the power is plugged back in the box light is flashing blue, and the tv says no single. I held the button down for 10 seconds, then tried 30 seconds, then tried a couple mins, Still flashing blue. It was plugged into a surge protector as well when the power went out.