1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm very new in burning. pls help!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vekka1981, Nov 29, 2011.

1. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

Hi there,

I was just wondering if i can get some helpful tips and advise and honest answers on how to burn an .avi file onto a dvd disc with an easy burning software.. I would also like to know and learn on how to burn dvd's correctly so that i can play them on my dvd player on my tv.. can someone if not anyone can please help me out with this, that would be very much helpful and greatful...

Thanks!!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Do you want to burn the AVI file onto a disk or convert the AVI file to DVD Movie format and burn the disk?

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Would advise to use RW till you know what your doing it'll save making coasters...lol..,the easiest & imo the best is to connect the comp directly to the tv & use the comp as a media player

4. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

Sorry, i guess I forgot to fully explain my self... I would like to convert the .avi file to a dvd movie format & then burn it onto a DVD disk...

5. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick (which is not currently supported) can convert and author a DVD movie from AVI (and other type files).
    It can optionally include a menu and burn the disk.
    On the top menu, click 'Guide' for the steps required.

Another good software is AVStoDVD.
    It uses the same (included) burning program as DVD Flick and is currently supported and regularly updated.

FAVC is an older app that also includes a burning program.
    It's a simpler alternative to the others.

In any case, buy decent media like 'Verbatim' branded disks - just don't use their 'Life' series.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  6. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

I would like to convert the .avi file to DVD movie format so i can burn it onto a dvd that will work with no issues on my dvd player..

7. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

Okay great, thank you so very much for the helpful and very useful information and tips.. out of the 3 that you told me which one is better? my burning experience with dvd movies is like a 2.5 or 3 out of 10 ratings... lol yes I'm slow, its because i don't have the right information or program..

8. attar

attar Senior member

I think AVS2DVD and FAVC produce a nice balance of speed and quality if HcEnc encoder is selected.
    They all use ImgBurn - the best burning program around and AVS2DVD has an active thread going at the VideoHelp site if you ever need a response from the creator.

9. vekka1981

vekka1981 Member

So your saying that AVS2DVD is really a user friendly easy application for people who is new at burning dvd's?

Does this program after its done burning work on all dvd players?

10. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  11. attar

attar Senior member

AVS2DVD creates standard DVD movie files and burns them using ImgBurn.
    If you use consistently, known to be good media, like Verbatim Data Life or Taiyo-Yuden, then the disks will play on any standalone DVD player.
    Note that if you are in North America that you require NTSC video, - select that under the Main Menu, 'Preferences' > 'Video' > 'DVD Video Standard'.
    Good luck.