1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

image file

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by raddeon, Aug 1, 2003.

1. raddeon

raddeon Guest

hi i use alcohol to copy a disc as image file that all work ok but when i burn the image to disc that all seems to be completed but when i go to load disc to play game it does not work any ideas why
    so image file ok
    but burnt disk not ok

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

could be either settings used to burn for the right type of protection on game disc maybe?

and you say it does not work? well what hapens? or what errors do you get?

Thx...

3. raddeon

raddeon Guest

hi thanks for reply
    there is no message all i get is tiger wood s
    encounterde a problem and will now close
    that all i get
    im using windows xp
    there are 3 disc the other 2 work fine
    the disc is 3 of 3 which is the problem
    when i load the image file on virtual drive it works fine
    when i insert cd in cdrom that is when i get the error
    i used alcohol to copy
    and disc was datasafe 2.8
    it must off copy on to harddrive ok cause i can run it using image file

hope this is of help
    many thanks

ive used 5 cdr so far any help would be apprecaited

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Most "EA" games have Safedisc cd protection on them. If this is the latest Tiger Woods PGA Golf then it's probably Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected m8. Use ClonyXXL to scan each disc to determine which one has the cd protection ot it (mosttly the "play disc"). Use Alcohol 120% and use the Safedisc 2 datatype to rea\write. I would read at 16/20x and burn at 8x. You can use Nero to bun the non-protected discs but I encourage you to read\write slow.
    Depending upon the brand name and model# of your burner will determine if you need emulation to play your backups.

Shoey :)

5. raddeon

raddeon Guest

hi
    thanks for reply
    i use nec 1300a dvd r/w
    i used alcohol to copy disc 1 and 2 were fine 3 is the problem
    it is the latest game 2003 i used safedisc 2.8 to create image
    they work fine
    its when i want to play disc that the third disc wont work i copy all 3 the speed rate and safedisc 2
    all 3 disc had copy protection all were 2.8 safedisc

thanks mark

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2003
  6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Open Alcohol 120% and go to emulation and enable all. [bold] Minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) [/bold] and insert cd 3 in your burner and try again. Hope this works...

7. raddeon

raddeon Guest

no still dont work
    could this be a license problem when i explore the error from windows it says something like license digital id ?

can you tell me wat settings to use for burning that image file as i said that work fine when mount to virtual drive

i originally copy disc as per totorial on this site
    there is one thing i remembered when i went to install all 3 disc .disc 1 install was ok
    then it ask for disc 2 media that was fine to then when i got to disc 3 courses it stop half way and said do i want to exit setup prompt i didnt press antything
    so i installed the original disc which then it carried on loading might this be the problem ?
    if need be if you could give me the tutorial for safedisc 2.8 protection and i will do all again and use cdrw
    many thanks
    mark

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Uninstall Tiger Woods then reinstall the originals with your [bold] burner [/bold].
    Now open Alcohol 120% and to emulation and enable "ignore media type". Open Alcohol 120% image making wizard and choose the Safedisc 2 datatype profile and read the image(s) at 16/20x. When all finished open the image burning wizard and use the Safedisc 2 datatype profile to burn and burn at 8x (RAW DAO). When all finished insert the "play disc" (CD 3, looks like) and see if you can play the backup from your [bold] burner [/bold]

9. raddeon

raddeon Guest

hi
    what about the other 2 boxes launch cd and rmps do i check these as well or leave them unchecked

as disc 1 and 2 are fine cant i just copy disc 3 again then burn afterwards

mark

10. raddeon

raddeon Guest

hi tried that still the same

ive got discjuggler is there a tutorial around for use with discjuggler
    the one on this forum seems not to be working doesnt show up any settings

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It appears cd 1 and cd 2 are fine and cd 3 is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected. Give Blindwrite Suite 4.5.4 a try as I couldn't backup The Sims Superstar (Safedisc 2.9) with Alcohol 120%. Blindwrite did the job for my Memorex MAXX52 cdrw. Basically you read the image of cd 3 using "alternative read method" and read at 16/20x. After you've done that open the burning wizard and locate the image file and burn DAO pw at 8x. Go to general settings [bold]before you burn then enable "enhance weak sectors"[/bold]. Again, play the backup in your burner.
    Blindwrite Suite http://www.vso-software.fr/index.htm
    Shoey :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2003
  12. raddeon

raddeon Guest

hi thanks shoey that worked fine
    do i have to burn the other to disc or will they be ok
    thanks again m8
    much appreciated

im very happy :) :) :)

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Burn CD 1&2 using Blindwrite Suite but [bold] disable enhance weak sectors [/bold]. Again, read at 16/20 x and bur DAO pw at 8x.

14. raddeon

raddeon Guest

thanks shoey for info ididnt have to copy disc 1 2 again i unistalled originals then reinstalled with all 3 copys and it works fine
    thanks again
    mark